Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weird things
Lacrima Castle > Sting Games > Yggdra Union
SyphonVectorman
Well just today when I was playing Yggdra in Battlefield 32, I pitched Milanor againest Gulcasa & Aegina 1 on 2. Equipped with Early Drive (giving you the instant charge) & Steal, I steal Gulcasa's weapon first, then after losing that match, I stole Aegina's Rosary of Taboo. Though right when the skill finished animating, the game froze. Bah, and that was a good run too. >_>

Anywho, the meaning of this thread is to just post weird things that happen to you while you play Yggdra Union. I'm just curious to know what you guys experienced which is... Weird. =/
Rhiannon
I've had the game freeze before once, but it was really early on. Like, before I could even use skills. Of course, I was playing the Japanese version on a DS. It made me a little paranoid. I was like "omg don't freeze again" because I had heard about people who had REALLY bad freezing problems.

I've also experienced a lot of other glitches. And I caused a lot of glitches when the English YU ROM came out, and I was screwing around on an emulator, converting saves and seeing what happens. What that gave me was a Roswell on a nonexistant square in BF13, and an Yggdra on top of a Milanor in BF18. THAT'S SO WRONG.

And this next thing doesn't have a whole lot to do with Yggdra Union, but it's still involved! I was playing on the ROM, testing something, and the emulator I was using, along with all of the saves and everything, were on my flash drive. The computer suddenly went to sleep because it was low on battery life or something, and it wouldn't wake up even when I plugged it in. So I took my flash drive and left.

Later, after the computer had been plugged in for a while, I woke it up, and... Milanor was fighting some green witches. That shouldn't have happened, right? I mean, the computer no longer had access to the files it needed because my flash drive wasn't even plugged into it, but I could still play. For a while. After I used a skill, the window just disappeared. :(

Also, I've had a Golem break everything. It broke an object, a dialogue box, and a story event all at once. I guess it's not THAT weird, considering the circumstances behind it, but it still seems weird to me. Needless to say, I had to restart that battlefield...
Aekari
Now in a glitch topic, I guess, in the other Yggdra section I had posted that my Japanese game had never frozen on me. Sometime later that month the game decided to freeze. >> It only happened once and never again, but still. Evil.

The English Sound Test thing messes up too. Weird symbols come up if I press a certain track enough times...eventually, so many symbols come up it just freezes even while the music continues.
Lord Ryo
This was a pretty cool glitch in my favor. During my second playthrough I was playing on BF7 when I had Durant standing on a frozen square. I forgot to move him and noon came around but he didn't fall. Next turn I moved him off the water and all was fine. Yay! Durant can walk on water! Too bad he's not good... *sigh*
Yuka
The water probably hadn't unfrozen yet.
Lord Ryo
It said it was a water square, and it was noon.
Yuka
QUOTE(Lord Ryo @ Mar 30 2007, 09:32 PM) *

During my second playthrough I was playing on BF7 when I had Durant standing on a frozen square.

I believe otherwise.
Rhiannon
I think he meant that it became a water square when Noon came. Ice is supposed to melt at the beginning of Noon, no matter what.
Yuka
Oh. Well, then I don't know.
Suzu Fujibayashi
I had the music mess up once, it like removed the bass or something. I dunno the musical term, it sounded kinda cool though...

No idea how I made it happen, I was just holding down 'R' to skip all the dialog and the music messed up.
Aekari
Oh, that's happened to me too. XD Does it only happen for the battle preparation menu thing and then rights itself when you get back to the battlefield dialogue and stuff?
Suzu Fujibayashi
Hmmm I don't believe so, it continued into the battle itself. But I turned it off because I messed up my equipment for the level... Haven't been able to make it happen again.
Albiel
Something weird did happen to me about half a week ago. Perhaps mentioned in another part of the site.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Another Necromancer
I've had the music glitch a number of times. And Milanor's steal caused a freeze when I was pinching an item too. And once two of my cards broke and leaped up to 9999 at the start of chapter four... I gave up on that playthrough because I don't like having cheats on my conscience.

And it's not a glitch, but I fell out of my seat laughing the first time a saw a petrified griffon rider... that statue thing just floating in the air like that made me laugh for some unknown reason.
Krile
I've had the music glitch mostly - thank goodness I've never had the game actually FREEZE on me (I'll bet it'll happen now that I mentioned it too, wee~).

What I found weird while playing through the game was how the battle cries would get mixed up all the time. For example, if I was fighting Golems or Skeletons, and they won, they'd get the usual battle cheer instead of their roars. And vice versa if they attacked first (it's funny hearing people like Yggdra's team roar like a bunch of Golems when they won).

It also happened near the end of the game.

All in all, it was just amusing if anything.
Suzu Fujibayashi
I've had that happen before myself Krile. XD
It's kinda amusing yes. :3
SyphonVectorman
I was about to post that today actually, I think it happens to pretty much everyone here. =P

Anywho in Extra Contents, everytime you look at the characters' battle faces then go to the items section, the values for the +s & -s are in a different font. =/

Also, I just tried this in Battlefield 35 today. When I put Yggdra solo againest all the knights in Baldus' defenses, when I was making the Union Yggdra's name appeared six times while the Knights only at five. =P
Aekari
QUOTE(Krile @ Mar 31 2007, 04:39 AM) *

I've had the music glitch mostly - thank goodness I've never had the game actually FREEZE on me (I'll bet it'll happen now that I mentioned it too, wee~).

That's exactly what happened to me. Think and speak no more about it or it'll happen!! x.x

QUOTE(SyphonVectorman @ Mar 31 2007, 09:16 AM) *

Anywho in Extra Contents, everytime you look at the characters' battle faces then go to the items section, the values for the +s & -s are in a different font. =/

Now that's weird, but only things in blue (anything with a minus or a down symbol) is outlined in different colors each time and bolded. The reds and ups don't change.
SyphonVectorman
QUOTE(Aekari @ Mar 31 2007, 06:34 PM) *
QUOTE(SyphonVectorman @ Mar 31 2007, 09:16 AM) *

Now that's weird, but only things in blue (anything with a minus or a down symbol) is outlined in different colors each time and bolded. The reds and ups don't change.

I dunno, in my eyes it looks like the Red +s are different. Maybe it's just me. =/
Rhiannon
Strange things love me, when it comes to Yggdra Union.

I was playing BF7 earlier today. And some weird stuff happened. So, like, spoilers for BF7:
SyphonVectorman
^ I completely LOL'd when I read that.

This sorta thing happened to me alot actually, after I move everyone to the target points in Battlefield 36, when I get to the next part at least 1/4 times it'd say I've run out of cards. Seriously, this happened to me in 3 playthroughs. >_>
Lord Ryo
LOL! That BF7 thing is completely crazy! O_o

I would have loved to see something like that in my game.
Rhiannon
For some reason, I was fighting some random Undine. I use a skill. And then suddenly it is Nietzsche versus Nietzsche! Scary scary. It went back to normal once the skill animation was completely over, though.

Although, I was using some cheats. They weren't the type that should have changed the appearance of anything, but you never know with Yggdra Union. And there being a reason behind it doesn't make it not-weird.

The game also froze on me for the second time ever recently. :( And at the worst time, even... I was almost finished with BF31. That's an awful lot of progress lost, in comparison to what I lost the first time it froze on me.
Feral Phoenix
I've had the same glitch as Albiel happen to me twice.

And Rhia, that BF7 glitch is hilarious. X3

//segue: KRILE WHERE DID YOU GET FULL HAPPY FACE OF PAMELA. T_T~ I want everyone's full faces...
Dr Strum
That picture was the "thank you" or whatever picture when you entered the contest.
Feral Phoenix
Contest? You mean the holiday contest? Or one on the actual site??
Dr Strum
http://www.sting.co.jp/yggdra/special/pre_pos/index.htm
It appears to also be the "contest over" image.
Feral Phoenix
OOOH. Shiny poster.

FLAREWERK ART. <3 Flarewerk is so pretty. <3

Er... yeah. Nietchan vs. Nietchan = major WTF.
SyphonVectorman
Something weird happened to me today...

-Possible spoilers?-

Anyone.. Willing to repeat this? =P
Feral Phoenix
When I was fighting Eudy's witches on BF22 with Durant, I'd had him in Aggressive mode, but once the bar emptied, HIS FACE STAYED MAD. O_o;;

And on both my current saves, I've noticed the cheer glitch.

I've had a lot of, "Milanor, wtf is up with the girly cheer!" moments.
SyphonVectorman
If you repeatedly press 'A' on the track "Royal Match (Bronquia Showdown)" in Sound Test, the graphics will begin to go out of place until it eventually freezes. I found this out while I was just browsing through the tracks. =O
Feral Phoenix
Back when I was working on the script for BF11-A, I accidentally dropped my GBA while Zilva was talking (where she first showed up) and the game froze, the dialogue didn't scroll, and the BGM was replaced by the "thump" and "sword clash" SFX playing over and over and over. O_o;; I was worried that something was wrong with it, but when I did a hard reset, it played fine. And no matter how many times I drop the GBA, it's never happened again.
Megafreak
I've encountered the music glitch numerous times.
It's.......almost creepy though...
There was this one time, The map suddenly got all screwed up and stuff. Hard to explain, since I turned it off on the spot. I think It was BF 11 or something....but...
It's never happened again. Thank God.
jcdietz03
I am currently on 18-3 (Gulcasa 1st Time). I was having trouble so I decided to use the retry trick to lvlup my chars. When their exp. meter fills (For level 11, I think) - It empties and doesn't give you stats. I still get the "Level Up" message on the battle results screen. Leveling up from 9 to 10 works normally. Is there a level cap in the game I don't know about? I could find any references to a cap on this forum or on GameFAQs.
Antartique
Playing through battlefield I don't know what, I sent Elena against someone. For some kind of weird reasons, the the GBA turned off and when I turned it back on, I was on the Elena battle. She won, but the game froze. And whenever I tried to restart it happened again. The problem solved itself after the freaking GBA rested for a whole day (it wouldn't load other games).

I'm being haunted. Weird game freezings... >.>
jcdietz03
Marchen Wings
Description: Cute, but false, white wings
If the wings are false, why do they give you [O]Move->Fly?
sandpenguin
Well me,(Forget who posts this....)get something in Yggdra english edition..

1.Sometimes there was some weird song played in the game-subliminal maybe??Freaks me and making my skins out from my body.

2.Durant vs Gulcasa. 1-1 and then Gulcasa's use genocide and then he died but still alive(Morale still decrease though)

3.Sometimes hang when using skills for no apparent reason.

4.Never tried the sound test area but...I won't try it cause I hate weird things....

5.Forget already but there is an item that said eating it will INCREASE something but IT IS A LIE!!(Post here if you know it...somebody??)

6.Load a battlefield and cannot see the predictions counter(O or X)

Anyway,still a good game with interesting story.

If I,I will make Seductive Bustier stats like this:

1.Critical male soldier 100%
2.Block counter or charges made by MALE characters.

jc,it means that the wings ARE cute but looks can be deceiving....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.