Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Best Warriors?
Lacrima Castle > Other Stuff > Miscellaneous
Irysa
This has always puzzled me: on the battlefield, who were the best warriors in history? The Spartans? The European Knights? The Samurai? Or maybe the Vikings? Obviously neither could have ever fought eachother in person, so the answer can only be inferred. So, based on what you you have studied and/or personal beliefs, who do you believe were our best warriors?

BTW, I ask this question in Off Topic because guaranteed had this question been in Spam, most responses would have been "DuRrr... NiNjAZ!!1"

First person to say DuRrr... NiNjAZ!!1 will be whined at.

And no, I've not seen 300 yet.
Dr Strum
The Goths.
Crushing the Roman army on the battlefield pretty much makes them win. Sadly, they were talked into a peace treaty. Also sadly, they were not the smartest, and that peace treaty was a very bad deal for them. But it led to more violent bloodshed!
Irysa
The Goths won by starving the city. And the leader who led them to victory against that empire was a previous Roman general, if I recall correctly.
Dr Strum
Well, my knowledge is based on what I saw on the History channel, and I can't find any web resources to back it up, but I don't know why they would be led by a former Roman general.
Irysa
At that time the Romans were not home bred fighters, they consisted of bands of others they have taken over. He was a soldier but was denied the rank of general and went home to the Goths, still angered by being denied and seeing his people being starved and oppressed by the Romans launched a all out uprising against them.

Thats just a really brief summary.

And if you watched the same program as I did, I'm sure it was in there.
Leyviur
I would say Genghis Khan and his Mongolian Army.
Irysa
I'm with Ash on this one. At the height of the Mongol empire only about 100,000 warriors within the kingdom existed. This army defeated the Persians, the Chinese, the Russians, and countless others.
jcdietz03
Call me totally off-base, but I think US Marines are very good warriors. In the Korean War, I think they held off a Chinese force of 100,000 with only 1000 in freezing temperatures.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.