Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yggdra Union Fanfiction idea...
Lacrima Castle > Technology and Entertainment > Fiction
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Suzu Fujibayashi
As boredom seems to rule 99% of my life and I get randomly inspired to do things... Anyone believe writing a fanfiction following the YU storyline from start to finish is a good idea? Or just terribly awful and I should be shot/killed? The issues I've thought of are:

1. How big are the armies? o.o Is each unit REALLY only 6/3 units? Or is there more...?
2. Roswell or Rosary!? D: I'd obviously choose Rosary, but then wouldn't I tick off the Roswell fans? Maybe I'll pull a Feral and have them both live...
3. Cards anyone?
Megaolix
First, I think it's called a novelization. As long as you do good, you won't get shot.

Now, for the questions...
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
ChefMKT
1. It depends which one is more appropriate, but generally you'd want sizable armies on both sides. You don't want this ending up like Fire Emblem where one person can take out an entire army.
If you are trying to do a novelisation of the story, try not to change the story around too much.
3. I wouldn't bring in the ACTUAL card system, but the card skills themselves would be fine.
Another Necromancer
1. I'd make them bigger overall. Though, the way I interpreted what the game said, when the royal army restocks their 'supplies' I gathered this to include mercenaries or converted soldiers to refill gaps left during the previous battlefields. Perhaps that could work?

2. Let one of them die - if you're going to flesh out the story a bit more, this could put Yggdra through an interesting guilt trip, whoever it is.

3. Skills, yes, and since Yggdra mentions a 'hidden power' within the cards on the first battlefield, you could make it that the army has to have the physical card before they can use the skill. But for realism, drop the turn-based thing.
Suzu Fujibayashi
Hmmm yes, goood, goood feedback yes...

I'll tinker with this for a while, it's nothing easy since well... I get horribly picky about my own writing and stuff. I'll probably just practice on normal fanfics for a bit, brush up my writing skills, etc. etc.
Megaolix
If you need some help, don't hesitate to ask. Everyone who played the game know how long it is and how long this will take to write.
Suzu Fujibayashi
I probably will eventually. And gosh, yeah it'll be a while I bet depending on how detailed I make each BF... XD

And sheesh. Whats so spoilery about saying that? <_< It's not like I specifically said
Feral Phoenix
In my version of that BF, Yggdra had to face the leaders of First and Second Cavalry (you know, the knights she mentions in the beginning who got killed trying to save her?). :< Stop being mean to Roswell! *hits*

I'm thinking of doing a collection of (VERY) short drabbles, for all the tiny scenes in my head too short for oneshots. Including Yggdra and Gulcasa pirating Sweetberries from their hapless fellows, all the ladies behind closed doors, and SOMEONE is most certainly not a morning person.
Suzu Fujibayashi
I was actually writing the beginning to the first BF and forgot about those knights and had to re-do it completely. XD I just made up a 'Royal Guard' for my little OC to be from... :<

*Hit* ;-; But...

That sounds like a nice idea, I'd be nice to see how you could make little things like that. I was somewhat thinking of doing some 'prequal' things of some characters, like Elena perhaps. But that's so I can write some ElenaxZilva... :<
Megaolix
Hmmm...

A novelization shouldn't really have any pairings unless the game put them together in the game's story. Put hints if you want, but I don't really suggest making pairings.
Feral Phoenix
That's the whole point in doing a post-story thing. So everyone can fall for each other and stuff. XD

Unless you're going to write what happens in between the battles (there isn't much space between them anyway, but there has to be character interaction there...)
Dr Strum
That's the whole point in doing a post-story thing.
Pay some damn attention, he's writing up the whole game, not a "post-story thing."
Feral Phoenix
Suzu is a girl, Sturm.
Dr Strum
Not without proof.
Feral Phoenix
It's kind of out there to imply that she's a guy claiming to be a girl while holding fantasies of changing his sex. Y'know...?
Suzu Fujibayashi
*Choose to ignore Sturm* I've learned not to try and argue with him. I'll never win. <_<

@Mega: Epilogues yo. But I could totally hint at developing relationships during the 'series'. Of course I would mention this is my own fan-made novelization and not a copy-paste of the series. Because that'd be... Hard. Or rather, boring. Not a lot to write about other then a few minutes of talking followed by potetially hour long battles.

And I was thinking of doing a post-story for now or something, less constraining somewhat then setting it during the story proper.
Feral Phoenix
Doing post-story stuff is great. |D Especially for those too lazy to copy out all the major scripts while playing the game. Ancardia was enough, believe me. |D *is a total nerd*

Most of the things I write start at some point in the storyline and AU from it, take place afterwards, or are completely AU. I do oneshots that take place during the story, though. :< I learned my lesson long ago that novelizations are a huuuge pain to write. And you always end up wanting to do editorials.
Suzu Fujibayashi
Yeah all that script will be so boring to do in a novelization. D:
I'll have to write down all the script... ;-;

I tried to do an Elena x Zilva oneshot, but it's hard to see either of them being romantic. Elena's kind of shy and Zilva is so... emotionless. It's hard. D:
But I found Yggdra x Rosary so... easy... o_o
Maybe I'll do Nietzsche x Pamela. Hmmmm.
Feral Phoenix
Two words that might help: Preferential treatment. :D

Because Elena is Zilva's favorite student, right? And Elena's already obsessed with her teacher, right? And even after they start fighting Zilva's always nice to her, right? And... jeez, I better shut up.

But yes, Elena's shyness is a problem with writing anything romantic. Fluff is less of a problem. Chapter 6 of Stupid Cupid is mostly going to be devoted to her trying to give Zilva her Valentine's Day chocolate. Or rather, trying to get up the courage. |D *horrible mean author*
Dr Strum
Because Elena is Zilva's favorite student, right?
Most promising.

And Elena's already obsessed with her teacher, right?
... No.
Feral Phoenix
It all depends on the way you portray things.
Dr Strum
Yes; correctly or incorrectly.
Feral Phoenix
Meaning "The Sturm Way" and "The Non-Sturm Way"?

Sorry, but not everyone does things the way you think they should be done.
Dr Strum
No, canonically and uncreatively.
Suzu Fujibayashi
It's better to ignore Sturm Feral, he'll never back down from his own opinion on things. <_<

But you gave me quite the nice idea there Feral... And yay! Finally some Elena x Zliva fluff! |D
Feral Phoenix
It's coming in the next chapter of SC. Down girl.
gyrobot
You know I am thinking making a fanfic myself (basically, it involves an attempt for Milanor and the guys to spy on the girls during their bath among other things and an hilarious game of spy vs spy occurs between them when one thing leads to another)
Another Necromancer
Someone correct me if I'm being a pain, but I think it's bad manners to hijack someone's topic like that, Gyrobot. Making another topic is more polite.
Feral Phoenix
I dunno. It's up to Suzu. :D Oh and chapter 6 has been posted, so you now have Zilva/Elena fluff in addition to everyone else's romance.

It's a shame that I started the story before I got into Cruz/Mizer. :< I didn't get to put them in.
Suzu Fujibayashi
We don't need a crack shonen-ai pairing tooo Feral. D:
You can't exceed two crack pairings in a fic, it's just wrong! 'Cause uhm... uh... Hmmm.. I said so that's why! ;D
And I noticed one of my reviews fudged up and didn't send completely. ;;

And I don't mind, that would be interesting. Although we only know Yggdra's size |D We dunno about Elena or Rosary really, their clothes get in the way.
Dr Strum
Elena is the same size as Nietzsche and Emilia.
Suzu Fujibayashi
Alright, alright. I still say that leather plate thingy she wears makes her look more like Yggdra's size. If it wasn't for that 'Small Breastplate' item's requirement...

Still dunno Rosary's. Hard to tell with all that clothing on, and even though you can't judge by the clothing... Riviera taught me just because it looks like there is little under it, doesn't mean there isn't <_<
Dr Strum
Well, there's nothing official; the artists are just as confused as you as I've seen her flat and stacked.
Suzu Fujibayashi
I haven't seen any art of Rosary, only Yggdra and a few Roswell and stuff.

If we assume they drew her in the same sense as say, Fia and Serene from Riviera, I'd have to assume she's pretty well-built maybe. Likely not as well as Yggdra, despite being two years older...
Megaolix
Well, I guess it's up to you...

Anyway, do you think you'll do the fic you talked about? If you need some help, I would love to help write a novelization of Yggdra Union.

...And if anyone is hijacking the topic here, I think it's Feral.
Suzu Fujibayashi
I'm not sure really. A novelization is a lot of work, ya know?
Feral Phoenix
OOH OOH I HAVE A FANFIC REQUEST FOR YOU SUZU.
Suzu Fujibayashi
You do? What kind? <_<
'Cause if it involves shonen-ai or yaoi, I probably can't do it. <.<;
Feral Phoenix
No, nothing like that. It involves Yggdra and Rosary, so I'm sure you can manage.

Request under cut:

You need emo Yggdra practice for your novelization. *nods judiciously* Pretty pwz?
Megaolix
Sounds like an interesting idea. I would write some YU fics too if school wasn't overloading me with work.

Besides, I need to see an what an emo Yggdra, like Feral put it, looks like for my "big project"...
Suzu Fujibayashi
There was only mad yuri secks in the 2 chapter one silly. |D
But sure I could try it, I've been scribbling up a lot of angsty/emo stuff lately. Kinda creepy, it's almost second nature to me now. *shiver*

So no making out. Got it... *Plots other obviously yuri things to do not related to snogfesting/hot, hot secks* =p

No timeline though, I have my on and off creative days. But I'll upload it to Fanfiction and tell you right away when it's done |D
Feral Phoenix
Thank you ^_^;;

Suzu Fujibayashi
No problem |D
In fact I got all these nice notes in the journal I designated 'Yggdra Union fanfictions' o:
Just have to actually go and type it, have a nice plot and EVERYTHING~!

Feral Phoenix
Yes you do. :D Now that people besides us have started writing YU fics and putting them up, it should be fun. :D

Suzu Fujibayashi
Would you like me to PM you the like, outline or something? <.<
I wanna make sure I don't like overlook something important in your request. :o
No one's ever requested anything from me, so I'm trying to deliver nicely. XD
Feral Phoenix
Thank you, thank you <3 *bows and feels loved*

Feel free to PM me so we aren't clogging up the topic. |D
Suzu Fujibayashi
Chapter 1 of Feral's request is done, it's short but the later chapters will be a LOT longer. (Or at least a good few thousand words longer) It's called 'Whispered Regret'. :3

Need ideas for some longer fics.
FlameSpark
How ironic...all I can write is insanely long fanfics (like that one with 12 chapters...omg what a headache...)

The only short one I wrote was one of Riviera, because it wasn't long to begin with, but in others, the good ideas keep coming and they look like they're never going to end...

Anyway, good luck! *thumbs up*
Feral Phoenix
@_@~~~ Must get to FF.Net and reeeead it~~~~!!

Damn school server, blocking almost every site I like *hits*
Another Necromancer
Suzu, I've got an idea for a longer fic that I've been playing with for a while, but I'm not a terrific writer, so I'll put it up for grabs.

Just to be on the safe side, since it involves Kylier:

@Feral Phoenix: I don't review everything because I like to offer subject matter as opposed to mindless praise, but I'll give some more general encouragement if you want.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.