Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fluff...
Lacrima Castle > Site Boards > Submissions
Feral Phoenix
Affection - Doodle of Gulcasa and Emilia I did while waiting for my audition. Gulcasa's armor is really hard to draw and it always turns out screwy. But other than that I like this doodle. More people need to draw the two of them, they're so cute.

::THIS PART IS NOT A SUBMISSION::

Chapter 0 preview - The first page of the Chapter 0 comic, without text. I need to do a background on the first panel, also. However, the comic itself is mostly done.

I'll see what I can do about scanning it.

DAMN YOU STURM YOU BETTER POST THESE ONCE I GET THEM TO YOU.
Suzu Fujibayashi
Gulcasa looks so... elf-y with those pointy ears of his...
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Must see this Chapter 0 with text.

PS: Typing on a laptop sucks.
Feral Phoenix

And yell at Sturm so he'll post Chapter 3 while you're waiting for Chapter 0.
Dr Strum
I see no pointy ears in their official art.
RuikiaKarine
awesome =o
Megaolix
Ryu2
Great art as usual Feral. I can't wait for the comic your working on to finish.

One thing bothers me.......is it just me or does it look like Glucasa has boobs.........><
Marionette
That's just the armor, Ryu. :O
Quality over Quantity, Feral. Learn to take more time on your lineart, it always looks the same if you don't put more effort into it.
Irysa
Its not just you Ryu.
Suzu Fujibayashi
Gothic platemail armor is 'curved' like that. My friend says it's gothic anyway and it's the best armor man ever made. XD

Dr Strum
... (SPOILERS FOR ALL YU)
Suzu Fujibayashi
Dr Strum
You know nothing about ancestry.
Feral Phoenix

Mari: I like my lineart to feel sketchy, and it's influenced by the character designer of "Renaissance".

...we'll never be alone. - DAMMIT GULCASA'S ARMOR IS HARD TO DRAW. And it would be nice if there was actually a picture of Milanor where he wasn't all twisted around so I can't see his shirt. But yeah. I've been meaning to draw this for a while and other than those things it turned out okay.
Dr Strum
That doesn't count, Feral, because of the story circumstances.

And why do you keep drawing the YU characters as progressively more naked further down their bodies?
Feral Phoenix
Hey, it was Kiyuduki-sama's decision to make Milanor one of the Men In Tights. :<

Dr Strum
I'm mostly referring to how Gulcasa has nearly no armor on.
In all of your pictures of him.
Feral Phoenix
It's hard to see how well his waist is armored in the only full-body picture there is of him, and the only armor he wears along his thigh is his shield. If I had his half-finished dialogue art, I could start drawing it better.

If I thought you'd give it to me, I'd ask you to scan the picture of him from the guide (because you said it has everyone's half-finished art), but I know better than that. :<
Dr Strum
It's hard to see how well his waist is armored in the only full-body picture there is of him, and the only armor he wears along his thigh is his shield.
Are you blind?

(because you said it has everyone's half-finished art),
I didn't say everyone's; it only has Kylier, Elena, Russell, Nietzsche, Cruz, Durant, Roswell and Rosary.
Feral Phoenix
QUOTE(Dr Sturm @ Mar 19 2007, 02:54 PM) *

It's hard to see how well his waist is armored in the only full-body picture there is of him, and the only armor he wears along his thigh is his shield.
Are you blind?

(because you said it has everyone's half-finished art),
I didn't say everyone's; it only has Kylier, Elena, Russell, Nietzsche, Cruz, Durant, Roswell and Rosary.

Well that sucks then. :<

And in case you didn't notice, his full-body art has him sitting on his dragon. His knee's in the way. :<
Dr Strum
Okay, so you are blind. I apologize, it was not my intention to make fun of a handicapped person.
Feral Phoenix
*rolls eyes* Yes, we know, you prefer being snarky to actually being useful.

What I mean is, if some part of his body is blocking some part of his armor, then I'm not sure how to draw the entire piece of armor correctly, and it ends up looking weird. (Well, except for his greaves--even when I draw those right THEY STILL LOOK WEIRD. :<) Because of the way he's sitting, it's difficult to see the armor at his waist fully. Do you understand my meaning, or should I continue to try to elucidate? >_>
Dr Strum
I understand that you're blind.
Marionette
Feral: There's nothing wrong with sketchy art, but it takes away from your artwork rather than help it. It makes an image look sloppy, are the dark lines ink or pencil? Because if you're going to do sketchy art, should atleast make the lines connect somehow. Adding artificial breaks really doesn't help. :/

Something like this:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/42069681/

If you want to make sketchy lines, that's fine. Just you have to realize that smaller thinner lines are needed to pull off the effect.
Feral Phoenix
Mariiiiiiiiiiiii, make Sturm shut up~~ T_T
Marionette
He owns the boards, that's kind of hard. You can choose to ignore him or give him more fuel to bother you with if you continue to reply to him. I honestly don't know what you want me to do. XD;;
Irysa
Feral, only about half or less of his leg is hidden by the shield. Presumably its exactly the same on the other half, and the same can be said of the other half.

I however, get the feeling thats not the reason you're drawing Gulcasa in less and less clothing.
Feral Phoenix
|D Well, I'm sure that most of his fangirls would enjoy my posting hawt n3kkid s3x1 pics, but unfortunately the administration team would probably block me for it.

I think I've already made part of my interest clear via flippy-uppy shirts and toplessness: Gulcasa has really nice abs. *shot*

Anyway, the part of his armor I have trouble with (aside from the ANNOYING ARMOR part of it...) is up at his hips. Some fanart depicts armor plates there, while some portrays him just wearing a belt, so I'm not entirely sure who's right and what I should draw. It's a little annoying trying to see in his official art.
Irysa
Draw what you see, or think of it, not what other people see. As long as you stay within reason, Gulcasa shouldn't look awful if you change his armor a bit. Pointed ears are not within reason since you're changing the aesthetics of the actual character as opposed to clothing.

That doesn't mean ignoring comments though.
Dr Strum
Draw what you want to draw,
Irysa
That could do with better phrasing.
Marionette
Tried drawing Gulcasa to see how different we draw him. I think it has to deal with his expressions, is he really nice looking after a while or something? Cause he looks like a crazy SOB in the art all of the time.

I know, I need to get farther in YU. Have a lot to do though.

http://miko.magical-art.com/illust/junk/gulcasa.jpg
Dr Strum
Cause he looks like a crazy SOB in the art all of the time.
Because he is, no matter what Feral tries to tell you.
Suzu Fujibayashi
He's not totally crazy, just in battle mayhaps. Otherwise why do all the people in Bronqiua love him so much? Even if there is propaganda I doubt they'd be willing to DIE for a pyschopath. He looks composed outside of battle to me.
*Shrug*

Wait. Did I hear something about more full art of Rosary? 'Cause I've been dying to know what the she looks like from the waist down. It's been bugging me.
Dr Strum
Otherwise why do all the people in Bronqiua love him so much?
Because he conquered more than half of the known world in the name of Bronquia.

Suzu Fujibayashi
Good point. I still don't see him as the 'eats babies for breakfast' kinda guy though. He seems GENERALLY calm, unless he's in battle... Yeah, in battle I see him as a 'eats babies' guy.
Feral Phoenix
Maybe not 'eats babies', more like 'feeds Fantasinian corpses to his dragon'. (I could totally see him doing that.) But yeah, in all the game art he looks "intense". (Even his "hurt" face is a "grr..." face. Although it looks cute to me. Oh well. I'm biased.)

Either way, I still think he's not as evil as the player generally perceives. I'm sure lots of people in Bronquia think Yggdra and Milanor are crazy people who eat babies, at least at first. It all depends on the way you look at things.

And Mari that sketch is adorable. He looks a little snerky, but it's still adorable. <3 You should draw some YU fanart in between your constant doodles of Ash, Momo, and everyone else.
Marionette
Need to play game first, if I had a gameboy micro this would be much easier. Hmn, I wonder how much they are now used...
Feral Phoenix
Stop deleting my posts, people... >_>;;

What point in the game did you actually leave off at, Mari? You don't get to see Gulcasa in moods other than his usual pride, confidence, and anger until later parts of the game.
Irysa
Stop deleting my posts, people... >_>;;

Good luck with that.
Feral Phoenix
:P

Mariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, make Sturm stop deleting my po~~sts~~.
Irysa
Feraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal, stop whining.
Marionette
I can't even see that he's deleted your posts. Again, I have no power over Sturm. I can't -do- anything against him. Apparently it was for unmarked spoilers, so.

Also, I ...only got past the first battle? I told you it was bad.
Feral Phoenix
Woooooooooooooooow.

Yeah, Mari. Drop everything and play more YU.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.