Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What BF do you find to be the hardest?
Lacrima Castle > Sting Games > Yggdra Union
Lord Ryo
Well we all know YU isn't exactly what you call an easy game. So where did you find trouble in YU and why?

I personally find the one *I forgot the BF number! AHH!* where you have to fight Gulcasa and then he runs off and you have to fight Ageina and then Gulcasa pops up again to be really annoying. No matter how many times I play that one I always forget Gulcasa comes back and just happen to have someone who can't defeat him right there. And since it's all in the same BF, there's no save point, you mess up or forget an item you're set a long way back.
Dr Strum
BF3 and BF32.

I find BF44 quite fun, actually.
Lord Ryo
QUOTE(Dr Sturm @ Feb 16 2007, 05:53 AM) *

BF3 and BF32.

I find BF44 quite fun, actually.

BF 44, is that the one I was talking about?
Dr Strum
Yes.
Rhiannon
Yeah, BF44 is fun. It's hard, but I don't find it so hard that it irritates me. It's perfect in difficulty, so it ends up being the most enjoyable battlefield for me.

Anyway, BF39 gives me more trouble than any other battlefield. High and Ace Guard together is not fun. Ace Guard ruins my chances of defeating him before his morale recovers, and the only ways for me to prevent Ace Guard are Kiss of Death and losing. Losing isn't as easy as I'd like to think, so whenever I try, I usually fail. And Kiss of Death... well, I used to say that it was too random to be relied on, but I know exactly how it works. I think if I were to play that battlefield again, it would be easier because, you know, knowledge is power and all that.

Now I've become certain that I'll be indecisive if I play BF39 ever again. Because I know it will be easier. YOU DON'T KNOW HOW LONG IT TOOK FOR ME TO DECIDE UPON THIS ONE AS THE HARDEST.
Yuka
The first 38 BFs I've played through (in the Japanese version and English version combined >_>), I found BF32 the most frusterating. Period. I spent a whole afternoon's worth of around six or seven hours trying, retrying, trying again, and exploiting savestates just to beat that one.
Raijinili
Trying to get Baldus' item on battle 13.
Suzu Fujibayashi
BF15-3, why? Because I wanted Aegina's item =/ And unlike my 1st playthrough, the game just hated me and Aegina's Death Bringer 50% Critical kept activating over. And over. And over. x_x

Oh and I forgot which one, but the BF with the Ankh Cannon *can* be annoying, mainly since that stupid Cannon eats up your Morale so you have to waste items for the next BF/Can't afford losing. But I find that one more fun then 'omgwtf' annoying...
Rune_Ocarina
Any canon levels that having Eudy firing at you...

...god dammit I hated those >_<
Lord Ryo
It seems everyone has their own BFs they find harder than the rest, which is expected.

Also, I just remembered after playing it again that the BF where you fight Nessiah for last time can be pretty hard, well, let me rephrase that, it's not hard, but it's kinds changelling. I like trying to kill him in only two turns, in fact, I did it in one turn this time around. A great challenge.
Megaolix
BF32 is easily the hardest I've played.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
WhiteKnight
BF 42. It's rather DAMNED obvious.
Dr Strum
BF42 is scripted. You can't seriously find a scripted battlefield hard.
WhiteKnight
I know it's scripted, but my cards were so ridiculously underpowered that I took at least three head on shots. Say bye to 60% of my morale......
Dr Strum
You don't even have to kill anything until the second part of the battle, so your card power wouldn't matter.

And three shots would be 78.4%.
WhiteKnight
It mateers if I want to have my morale high enough to
Dr Strum
That doesn't happen until the next battlefield. You have the preparation time to heal any Morale you think you need, and there is no "onslaught."
WhiteKnight
It was one to me....And I only had TWO workable characters after 43. Needless to say, no MVP for 44 OR 45.....though, what would I do with them? They were already maxed!
FlameSpark
Right, by the time we get to that BF, there's no more Medals, and possibly nearly no equipments left to be consumed for Morale healing.

Dr Strum
Right, by the time we get to that BF, there's no more Medals, and possibly nearly no equipments left to be consumed for Morale healing.
You're full of crap.
FlameSpark
And, if I may ask, why is that?
Dr Strum
Because you continue to get Medallions and equipment, and no one will have used all their equipment by that point in the game. Well, unless you're really good or really bad at the game, both being situations in which you should stop playing.
WhiteKnight
The last medallions you get are from BF 44, if I recall. Imperial Knights FTW!
jcdietz03
I am only thru BF 30 but I agree with Sturm that BF 3 is one of the hardest. Here is what happened to me during several playthroughs. My goals are to get the Kokorinut, Trap, Fur Coat, Medallion if possible, Ruby Staff, and Flamberg, and the +1 MVP bonus for anyone but Milanor:

It was tough, but I think I finally have a good strategy for 3-1. The enemies don't move too much, so its easy enough to win predictably losing only one fight.

3-2: Things get more complicated here w/ the introduction of unions.

I don't think Yggdra can get the Trap. I moved Yggdra to the correct square and didn't get it. Edit: Yggdra can get it, I'm just crazy.

Once, I got unlucky attacking court magicians with Yggdra - She did no damage on the charge and subsequently lost. I wasn't too happy with that. It must be rare, but it happened twice in a row and that pissed me off. I attack now only when the court magicians are not in a union.

Next: Failed to take down Eudy - Killed her with the wrong guy, so she didn't drop the staff.

Next: Took down Eudy AND made her drop the staff. However, she was standing one space to the left of the bridge when she died. Aegina's group gets to act immediately after you defeat Eudy, and one of her units pillaged the Ruby Staff on their opening move (Argh).

Next: Had trouble w/ Aegina. Its tough to win against her w/ Milanor. I set up a three way union Durant->Yggdra->Milanor vs Aegina only, so Aegina would get a-2 battle penalty for Milanor's fight, but I misjudged the morale remaining. Yggdra killed her. (So close!!!)

Its not too hard to actually win the BF, its also not too hard to win without too much morale damage. But there are so many objectives easily missed that it gets frustrating.
Yuka
The only objectives are to save Durant and get the hell out. Getting all the items is not mandatory.
jcdietz03
Here is one nobody mentioned: BF13 hard mode, where you fight the imperial army and don't run away like you're supposed to.
Miki Trie'
BF 14 ( Mistel)
ah, man! I hate this map!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.