Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is YU Worth Playing A Second Time Through?
Lacrima Castle > Sting Games > Yggdra Union
The Ace Guardian
Well I finnally finnished YU and being that it was the most challenging game I have played in a while, I'm not sure if replaying the game is worth it. However, thats why I want to know based on the list provided if I should play again because after browsing this (awesome!) forum for awhile, I've gained knowledge of things such as...

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Dr Strum
From what I read they seem pretty cool and Durrant's class change is supposed to be really powerful.

Durant's is the only class change that is not story related.
- I missed Roswell

You did not miss Roswell, you allied with Rosary instead.
- I missed someone named Cruz... weird though, I don't recall anyone named Cruz?

He is hidden. A hunter. There is a pinned thread in the Yggdra Help section that will tell you how to get him.
- I thought you had to kill Roswell... he looked kinda evil to me

You choose to either defeat Rosary or Roswell.
- There is a person named Pamela who I missed.

Enemy, non-recruitable. Bring Nietzsche to BF23 and/or BF24; she'll be hidden in a few spots. In BF23 the extension that reveals her is directly north of your starting position. In BF24, at the very end, when you've revealed the exit, south of the exit, and a little bit west, I believe, is the square that will reveal her.
I missed Ivy Whip,

You must either rescue Flone, or engage the enemies of BF23 or BF24.
Fortune, Dragon Killer and Kiss of Death

Explained in the spoiler topic I mentioned.
I really liked some of the music and I read that if you get a music box somewhere it should do the trick

In BF28, there's an area off in the eastern direction, out of the way. Go to the end of it and you will pick up the Music Box.
While fighting the last battle, I think (not confirmed) there is a way to kill ______ which lets you view an alternate ending. I was experimenting around and if you don't seal the Gran Centurino another objective appears "With the Holy Sword, show your justice!" but I can't finish of ______.

Also explained in the spoiler topic.
Rune_Ocarina
*Copies post above...*
Feral Phoenix
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

And if you missed things the first time, you can go back and get them the second.
Jan Akiyama
Quite so. The paths branch differently whether you pick Roswell or Rosary. (my first playthrough is Rosary since she had the better stats) But generally, its up to you. A game like this can still be picked up when your done.
Dr Strum
Rosary does not have the better stats.
Jan Akiyama
Technically, Rosary's base stats total up to 18 when maxed. Roswell's total up to 17. So in total, she has slightly better stats although she has a lower Morale. It evens out but she tends to have the better stats. Just an FYI.
Dr Strum
Having more is not having better, and do not assume that just because you read that thread you instantly no more than anyone else about Rosary and Roswell, because it's a public thread. Roswell is like Milanor; his are all averaged, and Rosary is like Assassins; stuffed mostly into TEC and LUK. Not to mention, if Rosary has "more" stats and less Morale, that says something awful about her, considering Morale is based on your GEN, ATK, TEC and LUK stats.
Seriously, drop the fucking elitist attitude.
Leyviur
QUOTE(Jan Akiyama @ Jan 10 2007, 11:15 AM) *

Technically, Rosary's base stats total up to 18 when maxed. Roswell's total up to 17. So in total, she has slightly better stats although she has a lower Morale. It evens out but she tends to have the better stats. Just an FYI.

You sound like one of those MMO gaylords.

"I have 1 point more INT than you, therefore I'm clearly better."

"But I'm a fighter class. I don't need INT."

"So? I'm still better!"
Lord Ryo
Keeping on topic, I personally think Yggdra is worth a second, or even third playthrough. It's without doubt the most challenging game I've played. Not to mention I'm an item freak, so I want to, if not fully complete the item list, come close. I'm on my third playthrough myself and I haven't got sick of it yet.
Paroro
I'll probably play it again, just to try Roswell this time (although I never really liked him)..

And, well, I missed a lot of items during the pope BF's because I didn't know the skull stone was so evil >_>;
Feral Phoenix
I love Yggdra, and even when I get bored with it, I'll probably pick it up again a few months later. That's just how I am with my video games. I keep going back and playing them again and again...

Although I'm leery of having to go through the game when I pick up Rosary instead. Roswell has saved my army's collective ass one too many times for me to be happy that I'm planning to trade him over for a character I don't really know.
Someone
I will most definatly play through again. Though unlike some of you I don't particularly care if I get Roswell or Rosary. I hate having to pick :P
Feral Phoenix
I get the feeling that now I'm not going to like picking either.

Because now I like Rosary. She's amusing... (I like Roswell better, but I still like her...)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.