Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Language Encoding
Lacrima Castle > Technology and Entertainment > Computeralogical Stuff
Aekari
Alright, I'm using a Windows ME laptop, and have, in the past, been able to view Japanese encoding.

About a month ago, I installed Melty Blood Final...whatever...and following that, I haven't been able to view Japanese encoding, except messily with the help of either NJStar Viewer or of Sleipnir's Gecko browser. Shift-JIS and EUC encoding don't work anymore. I'd like to know if there's any way I can get it up and running again...given how many Japanese websites I visit, it's rather frustrating not being able to on my laptop anymore.

Also, I uninstalled the program last night - that hasn't helped anything.

Any help is appreciated; I'm not an expert in computer related stuff (or else I probably wouldn't be asking this...but ahem), so I apologize in advance if I have to ask how to do anything.
Malice
I'm not totally sure and i'm probably wrong but:

control panel > regional and language > advanced > select japanese.
or that's just viewing japanese language, i'm not sure. Ask Rai.
Raijinili
Um:
1. Use Firefox.
2. That probably didn't work, so go to Control Panel > Regional and Language > turn on the "East Asian" languages in one of the tabs (it's a checkbox).
3. That's for XP, as far as I know. So try reinstalling Japanese: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie6/do...me/install.mspx
Aekari
QUOTE(Raijinili @ Dec 10 2006, 08:07 PM) *

Um:
1. Use Firefox.
2. That probably didn't work, so go to Control Panel > Regional and Language > turn on the "East Asian" languages in one of the tabs (it's a checkbox).
3. That's for XP, as far as I know. So try reinstalling Japanese: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie6/do...me/install.mspx

Yay, reinstalling worked. I can't believe I didn't think of that. >>

Thanks. ^^
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.