Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sprites
Lacrima Castle > Sting Games > Yggdra Union
Desu
I have quite a lot of free time nowadays so I decided to rip some sprites from Yggdra Union
I only have a few right now, but I should be able to get more done soon though... I'm totally sorry about them not being transparent...
I'm not really sure which are considered spoilers though(feel free to correct me). Just to be safe...

Roswell(Necromancer)
IPB Image

Rosary(Witch)
IPB Image
^I dunno what's with those dots in Rosary's picture...the program must've ruined the pic...

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
DragonKnight Jason
How exactly do you do that? Rip sprites from GBA games.
Malice
copy frames, animate.

I can make then transparent for you if you want :[
DragonKnight Jason
Yeah i know that part, but uh, getting the picture from the GBA to the computer is what confuses me, the only way i could think of is having a GBA emulator or just shoving your GBA into your scanner or something (which would be awkward)
Malice
gba emulator yes. when you play it, you can screencap and then shove the frames in an animator. Then crop and transparent.
Dr Strum
Why the hell would you do the Brongaa Knight version?

Anyways.

IPB Image
Battlefield sprite. Used to be my AIM icon. I use it on another forum as well.
IPB Image
Poorly and painstakingly animated GIF of Nessy using Reincarnation.
IPB Image
The sprite of Nessy I put on my desktop whenever there's a scantily clad woman to balance him on (the smarmy perv!).

BF48 Spoiler Sprites
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

And, there is this Milanor Sprite Sheet which will not be going up on the site because it is painfully incomplete.
Desu
I was at that part in the game with the Brongaa Knight version >_>

I have the animated version of the Nessiah field sprite...
IPB Image

Yggdra
IPB Image

Gulcasa
IPB Image

Milanor
IPB Image
Shadow
Woah, Marietta's ones are amazing.
I should try ripping some of these.
Malice
Well, i've got some animated field sprites~ :3
And I ripped these myself, Sturm. >__>
IPB Image | IPB Image | IPB Image

Desu
Nice, but their black outlines are gone...
Malice
Well, since I ripped them while killing the background, the default black probably blends in with the outline. Might have killed it them o__O. I'll try again..
Raijinili
I don't think the default black blends into the GBA black unless you select it that way.

Meaning, if you select colors with no error, like, if you select all of one color and no similar colors...
Desu
When I get the sprites from the OAM viewer thing, most of the time the background isn't black...
I get the sprites that way most of the time, but it's a little fustrating having to assemble many parts sometimes...
level
QUOTE(Desu @ Dec 13 2006, 05:25 PM) *

When I get the sprites from the OAM viewer thing, most of the time the background isn't black...
I get the sprites that way most of the time, but it's a little fustrating having to assemble many parts sometimes...

i noe wat it is called but i do nt noe wat it mean or wat it does?
Shadow
Sturm, if you ripped the other twenty fucking images, give them to me.
I wanna try it.
Dr Strum
I think you misinterpreted.
I meant that the image I posted was twenty entries in the OAM that needed to be assembled.
Desu
As in like 20 parts of an image?
Because that is how it was when I was getting some sprites.
(Example:One part of the head, one of the head to the legs...another part of the feet...)
Rhiannon
Yeah, that's what he means. From my experience, it's only Gulcasa who seems to have his sprites whole most of the time...

Anyway, I don't do animations, and I don't have the patience for sprite sheets. So I just take random sprites that I think look cool, funny, or cute.

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

I also have a ton of other YU sprites of things that are not characters, but those are lame or something.
Desu
really? the gulcasa sprite is quite big...
Phoenix Wright
Animget is a useful little program for sprite ripping.
Rhiannon
really? the gulcasa sprite is quite big...

I know, I just don't understand it at all. It's weird. :( Maybe I've just been lucky with the specific Gulcasa sprites I've taken, but most of them were whole.
Desu
The one I ripped the dragon's head was separated from the rest of the sprite.

Anyhoo
some random sprites(as usual, not transparent background)

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
Feral Phoenix
Nnn. Hate to impose on you people any more, but I saw the topic, thought, "Wow, these guys have technology I don't!" and "Damn those sprites are cute...", so...

I'm working on a Yggdra Union section for my website, decided to put up a tactical basics page narrated by Nessiah... then realized that I had a sad lack of Ness sprites. Would somebody mind ripping his victory and panic sprites for me...? They don't need to be animated, nor do they need to have the black background removed (because the background color of the page is black).

Help is appreciated, credit will be given. Thanxdesu~~~~~
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.