Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Something "added" to the English version. (Spoilers for BF29)
Lacrima Castle > Sting Games > Yggdra Union
Rhiannon
They changed the bath scene, oooh. There are two faces for Yggdra during it (which were never there in the Japanese version), and the CG is much more revealing, because the leaf that was blocking everything is no longer there. <_< After seeing the English bath scene I can no longer say that Yggdra has small breasts...
Dr Strum
I really have to hold on to the Elemina Mint now.
Desu
Wow...instead of toning down stuff...they made the innocent bath scene become a...
grgspunk
I think we'll end up seeing Japanese gamers import this title from the U.S. because of this. (Just like they do with licensed hentai titles)

Anyways, is the quality of the bath cg any different from the "leafed" version?
Rhiannon
The quality didn't seem any different, and the same goes with the faces. I actually had to go back and get the bath scene in the Japanese version to make sure it wasn't always that way.
Dr Strum
Both the changed bath scene and added faces are up.
Desu
Why did they change it?
Leyviur
I willed it.
Dr Strum
QUOTE(Desu @ Nov 27 2006, 05:38 AM) *

Why did they change it?

I assume it was more Sting having modified the original to maintain an A CERO rating.
Desu
I see...
Rune_Ocarina
I didn't even know about the mint so I'm screwed till my next playthrough. Meh, oh wells...
Desu
I missed the mint too.
But I want the bathscene only for the item.
Rune_Ocarina
What item do you get?

Or should I not be asking since it could lead to spoilers?
Rhiannon
It's called the Fairy Bell. But I'd say that the Elemina Mint is better than the Fairy Bell.
Desu
Okay, then I don't have to get the bathscene if that's true
level
QUOTE(Dr Sturm @ Nov 27 2006, 02:12 PM) *

QUOTE(Desu @ Nov 27 2006, 05:38 AM) *

Why did they change it?

I assume it was more Sting having modified the original to maintain an A CERO rating.

i still do't understand ''modified the original to maintain an A CERO rating''?
Raijinili
It's like the ESRB, apparently.
Megafreak
I don't really understand what A CERO is, but whatever.
Yes, we in the land of America are very strange, always wanting......erm, never mind.
Im doing this on my next playthrough. (which I have already started)
Aekari
Japan changed the CERO to a letter system recently, I believe (A, B, C, Z, etc.)... ...my box just says CERO 全年齢 (全年齢対象) and not CERO A, so I would assume that it is the "lowest" rating and deemed appropriate for all ages.

So, I guess we can say that the original was edited so as to maintain the all ages rating in Japan?
Megafreak
Ah, perhaps you are correct.
I did remember seeing one of my friend's Jp version and seeing something similar....
(I own the englilsh version only)
Enzd
I wonder if the language was toned down, then. <_<
Dr Strum
Unlikely.
Unless that was a joke, in which case... Haha?
Enzd
Um. Right. It was a joke.

Hah.
Seve
How do you get the mint/where's the bath scene? I completely missed it!
Dr Strum
The Mint's location can be seen here.

AS for the actual scene, in BF29-5, you must go to the square in the upper left corner of the map with Yggdra. Actually, you need to go to the square next to it. At noon. A town will appear. Visit the town with Yggdra at noon.
grgspunk
I was just wondering, does anyone know why Sting even cared about maintaining a specific CERO rating in the first place?

On a different note, I'm so glad that Atlus has a "no cuts" policy. Rule of Rose rules.
Raijinili
More sales.
grgspunk
Funny, I thought that attracting more sales was the whole point of adding fanservice to begin with.
Raijinili
Japan shifted the balance.
Dr Strum
Fan service has nothing to do with sales, at least not for a new franchise.
Sotel Kiseki
QUOTE(Dr Sturm @ Dec 1 2006, 11:54 PM) *

Unlikely.
Unless that was a joke, in which case... Haha?

Hahaha....oh you are ever so wrong. ugh.
trust they did.

that are we are VERY forturnate. so until it's proven wrong.

haha...ugh.
Dr Strum
... The language was not toned down between the Japanese and English versions of YU.
Sotel Kiseki
People we won the battle. That's a relief. *sigh*
Dr Strum
What are you talking about?
Sotel Kiseki
mainly about if they tones down the language. since u said they didn't that's a very good thing. Others have though, depending on the translators. I visited a few forums before where they had both the english translated and some that translated it themself and there seem to be a major changed to the main dialoge. not so much on the side stuff like names but sometimes.

I'm just happy that this game wasn't one of them.
That's why I said we won the battle. I can enjoy this game without knowing that there isn't such a dramtic change in the story, or even a change at all to make me upset. If it's the names, I wouldn't mind alot for the reason it's a common thing.
Dr Strum
Getting Yggdra Union localized was the battle, not "avoiding censorship (that probably never existed and was the fault of the fan translation)."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.