Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My first Black Friday
Lacrima Castle > Other Stuff > Miscellaneous
Raijinili
I was afraid that my cousin wouldn't wake me up at 5 like he said he would, so I stayed up late reading Euripedes. Then, around 5, I called him about three times, and the second two times his dad said that he was still sleeping. So then I sat there worried that when he DID wake up, he would decide that it was too late to try to wake me (not realizing that I was already awake) and leave without me.

At around 6:30-7:00, he finally came while I was playing Elite Beat Agents and we went off to the train. It wasn't crowded. Er... yeah.

Our mission:
    $100 DS from Best Buy
  • $3 or something SD card for the Wii my cousin is hoping I will get (Best Buy) (I wasn't really paying attention when he was talking about the price)
  • Yggdra Union if possible, for as low as we can get it

First we went to the mall where Best Buy was. There was a crowd of people in the center of the mall, probably... filling up a 100-diameter room surrounding two small escalators that didn't seem to work. The crowd looked like it was on the brink of a riot. I wanted to stay and see what happened, but the chanting died down and so we left.

Since we couldn't get the $100 DS (original) yet, we went to the mall on the next block, to the TWO Gamestops there. The Wii kiosk looked like someone stole the Wiimote. There was a DS Lite with Elite Beat Agents on display, so we played a linked game (he won the first two parts, but I won the second two and the song). Isn't it BOOORING?

The other one wasn't very interesting either, so we ate and went to the THIRD Gamestop on the next block.

The third Gamestop we went to had Riviera used (!), not to mention two DS Lites and a PSP just laying out there in the sun. Came, saw Yggdra Union, bought it. Yes, they did have more copies. The Wii kiosks are apparently poorly planned, because this one also didn't have a Wiimote at the kiosk, and required a state ID and a credit card to play. For everyone? What, orphans don't get to even try it? All because Nintendo didn't want to wire the Wiimote, even as a safety precaution?

We went back to Best Buy, where by now the other store owners wised up and closed their inside doors so that people wouldn't cut through their stores just to sneak into Best Buy. There was a line to get INTO the mall, and then another line to go up the escalator, which was in turn a line to get into the next line (Target people got to cut the line).

The next line was actually THREE lines, with people getting sent into one at a time and each line waiting until their turn to go in. There was an employee going, "Please stay in your own line, I WANT you to get in there, if you change lines you'll just have to wait," etc. We were on the third line, and the second line was moving in, and a woman from the third line saw it moving and jumped to that line... when the line was almost empty. The second employee stopped her from going in, and the first employee said, "See what she did? And now she's on the LAST line. And now the line moving in is THIS line, which is the line she just CAME from." It was awesome.

Inside, it was fuller than I've ever seen it (duh). There were boxes of Playstation 3s near the cashiers. There was a line to go through the digital camera section (I think it was) but no line for the games. In the DVDs section, there were boxes at the end of certain aisles to block people off so that there was only one way into that aisle. They stacked boxes of DVDs in a big row for people to look through. This descriptions are bore. I would make a TERRIBLE blogger.

Oh, while we were searching for "Moulin Rouge" for my cousin's sis (why do they still have this?), and the Best Buy employee couldn't find it, some guy came up to me and said, "Is this what you're looking for?" Saved me a lot of trouble. How nice of him. We couldn't find The Office Season 1, the other thing she wanted (I wanted to call her up and say, "Hey, good news! The Office will make it to season 5! It's so popular that I can't find what you wanted!" I forgot to). But while we were passing on the other side of the DVD barrier, I noticed that there were names on the sides of the boxes. I looked through and guess what I found? Arrested Development! I asked an employee if I could get to that box (he was like, "What are you looking for?" and I was like "Arrested Development, it's right there" and he was like "Oh yeah, they label these things") and not only did I find Season 3 (he told me it was probably $15, which was $10 off) but the guy was looking for it for a customer, so I did a good deed accidentally!

The DS wasn't in the game section (they said to go up to the cashiers), the SD cards were sold out, and we had two DVDs under our arms, so we went to pay for the stuff. My cousin bought me the new DS and we found out that Arrested Development was only $10! We then went to get drinks (of the Lemon Tea and Milk Tea (<3) kind) and on the way home, we helped some guy find a restaurant in the neighborhood.

Anyway:
+ Bought Yggdra Union for $30 plus tax. Won't be playing it until I get the GBA SP I asked someone else to buy me at Circuit City.
+ Bought a blue DS at Best Buy for $100 (not Lite). Hopefully I'll take better care of this one.
+ Arrested Development Season 3. For $10! THIS IS THE BEST PART OF THE DAY!
+ Helped someone else find AD.
+ Helped someone find a restaurant.
+ Met two boys from my high school who asked me why I didn't go to homecoming. I was like, what the heck is homecoming?
+ Got punched in the gut.
+ Waited in long lines, four in a row. That was so fun!
+ Touched a Wiimote.
+ Played Elite Beat Agents multiplayer.
- I haven't really slept for a long time and I'm already behind.
+ Taco Bell Chicken Cheesy Burrito or something. It was good. Also, KFC Popcorn Chicken dipped in nacho cheese sauce from Taco Bell.
+ YO! ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT SEASON THREE FOR $10!
chrishawke
I don't see why getting punched in the gut is a plus.

And EBA is cool.
Rune_Ocarina
Wait wait wait....is Black Friday a day where everything is being sold at cheap ass prices...and THIS is the first time I'm hearing about this. WTF!!!
smarttman
Black Friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving when everyone starts Christmas shopping. I really want to witness one, I can't remember if I did last year, but if I did, it was late in the day and the action died down
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.