Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: When Day Descends
Lacrima Castle > Technology and Entertainment > Entertainment - Other Forms > Music
Dr Strum
... Though they may not be instrumental for much longer.
Anyways, if you've ever heard anything by Pelican, at least for their first album, it's the same idea, just less boring. I'm currently downloading the second album (which they have available for download on the official site, link to follow), so I don't know what it's all about, but it's apparently a single song. A single, forty-minute song. Sounds hawt.
Anyways, since, at least for the first two albums, we'll find out soon enough about the third, they don't have vocals, it might be a bit hard to get into, but I know plenty here love their game soundtracks, so you all might find it easier than most.

Anyways, it's finished downloading, so here are the links, so I can go listen:
When Day Descends - Official Site
MySpace
Note, that the MySpace has less music than the official site.
Dr Strum
Ascension is almost something I'd expect from Pelican. But it's not boring. <_<
I like around minute 25 especially.
Not complaining, but the song could have easily been cut into three or four.
Raijinili
A 50MB song? O_O
Dr Strum
Rai, you fool. Size is based on compression as well, not just length.
I have songs well over 100MB.
chrishawke
Ascension is a nice song.
Dr Strum
Yay Chrissy <3
Irysa
Ah nuts, posted in the wrong place.

Good band though. Cheers for introducing, I love Ascension.
Dr Strum
They say Discover (and Adaptive) will likely be changed for the release of the third album. :X

FINE EDIT YOUR POST I'LL JUST RESPOND AGAIN:

Yes, Ascension rocks. The only problem is I have to PLAN to listen to it, because I hate pausing it when I have to get to class or something.
Irysa
Haha, I know what you mean. For a song like that, you have to set aside a full period of the day just to admire it.
Wally
It's been about a month, but I finally got the CD. Definitely some really good music.
Dr Strum
You got Transcend? Or you downloaded Ascension?
Because if you bought Transcend, you're sadly ahead of me.
Wally
I bought Transcend. Thanks for sharing; I would never have heard about it otherwise.
Dr Strum
Crap.
I really gotta' start remember this band when I actually have money on hand...

This is why bands really shouldn't give out free music. :(
Dr Strum
Well, anyways, how is it?
Please tell me "Suppression" is the worst song on the album because that would mean the album is fucking orgasmic since that song is already really awesome. <_<
Wally
Well, in my opinion, they're all about as good as "Suppression". I'll need to listen to all the music a few more times, but so far I really like "Softly" and "Infinite."
Dr Strum
Oh well.
Must buy tomorrow.
Dr Strum
A very watery album. Transcend, I mean. I don't mean sad or ocean-y, it just makes me think of water, listening to it.
Dr Strum
Mm. I have to agree on "Softly" and "Infinite" being great. "Infinite" is definitely the most technical song on the album. But, I think I probably like "Enlighten" the most. That bass melody at the end is just zomgheart. But then there's "The Path" which sounds like the bittersweet descent from a climax, and it's just beautiful...

Anyways, a little WDD news; their bassist quit. Before they really did anything. So they won't really be able to tour anytime soon, but he's still going to help them record the next album... Which they should be getting underway next week.
Not like it matters they're one less member; the entire first album was done by a single guy, now there's two other people in the band (three prior to the bassist's departure), I think they'll be fine.
Yuka
Incredible. This stuff is incredible. That's all I can say for it.

I have particularly become attached to Ascension at
31:35, where it gets into all that dark stuff. Good stuff.

Sturm, I love you for recommending this group.

Edit: IGNORE THE HELL OUT OF THE SLASHED PART, AS I REALLY THINK I GOT SOME KIND OF STRANGE BIZARRE VERSION THAT IS REALLY SCREWED UP. And by that, I mean parts out of place, the file doubling upon itself when downloaded, etc.

Edit 2: Yeah, I did. Winamp and Windows Media Players are playing two different things entirely. Like for example, 30:04 in Winamp does not match with 30:04 in Windows Media Player. I'm more inclined to believe Winamp, however.
Irysa
You should really check out Post Rock more Sauce. Ascension pretty much has it all over.

You too Sturm, I know I didn't get off to the best of starts with Godspeed You! Black Emperor, for you though. ):

Sooo yeah. I AM going to get this album. Sometime.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.