Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: An idea
Lacrima Castle > Technology and Entertainment > Entertainment - Other Forms > Music
Rhiannon
This was done on a different forum I used to visit regularly, and I thought it would be interesting to see how many people here would be interested in doing it.

Basically, people take turns posting songs, and everyone will listen to it and say what they think of the song. It's a good way to discover new music, and it'll also raise activity around here. I'd love to do it if there are others interested. We could do it either here on the forum or in the channel. If anyone's interested, post here to let us know. It would also be nice if you stated which place you would prefer to do it at (channel or forum).
Dr Strum
I like music.
lightningdude
It would probably be a better idea to do it here, for those who either don't or can't get on the channel.
chrishawke
I guess I can do with a few classic rock songs.

Either choice has it's ups and downs. Having it on the channel brings more interactivity between members and to the channel itself (I don't know how the channel is doing; I heard it's dead). On the contrary, those who frequently visit here but don't visit the channel are left out (or other reasons, like different time zone/country/etc). Having it on the forum allows everyone to participate, but that leaves the channel in it's current state, and the interactivity won't be as active as it can be on the channel.

And not to mention, we'll need the willpower to start this up and keep it running for as long as this can last.

Tough choice.

I'll tip in my two cents and say put it in the forum.
Dr Strum
What current state of the channel?
Irysa
So much for mine. xD
Rhiannon
Well, the thing about yours is that nobody wants to write a lot... :( Actually, I know some people do want to write a lot. But they wont. All I'd ask is writing your opinions, which can be as simple as "Best song ever" if you really want it to. Now, it'd be nice if you were more detailed than that, but I will not yell at you or anything if you don't want to be specific.

It looks like the forum is the best idea. AND DON'T WORRY CHRISSY THE CHANNEL WILL ALWAYS LIVE EVERY NOW AND THEN AS LONG AS WE HAVE LEZARD.

I think I'll wait a couple of days before I be more detailed about what we're going to do and before we start.
Irysa
But you don't HAVE to write a lot. I just did. It can be as short as you like, but the less effort you put in, the less people know.
Rhiannon
Well, we can still do both! Some people wont be interested in doing coughillegalthingscough so they'd rather go to your thread. And some people don't care or think it's just easier if some music is provided to them so they can check it out and see if they like it before they even think about buying.
Irysa
Yeah, I know, but this will be hugely more popular. Even by this board's standards. =p

Not that I have anything against that.
Rhiannon
SO HOW ABOUT WE GET A LIST OF WHO IS INTERESTED STILL.

I wont forget about it this time, I promise.

I think we're going to take turns. So I'm going to write names on little pieces of paper, and mix them all together in some box, and take them out. That'll decide the order! And, like, after a week or something, the next person posts their song, and yeah. DOES THAT SOUND GOOD?

ALSO WE'RE DOING IT ON THE FORUM.
Yuka
I'm in, but a week? It'd take forever to go through the list of people if it gets to be rather large. For example, say there's 12 people. That's 12 weeks right there, which is a third of the year. I FORGOT HOW MANY WEEKS THERE ARE IN A YEAR IGNORE THAT.

Just my own thoughts.
Tonfa
Hm. I'm up for it.
Rhiannon
Three or four days, then?
Yuka
Fine with me; that's roughly half a week anyways.
Tonfa
4 days sounds good, you can miss 3 days just by being away for the weekend.
Walrus
Walrus agrees with this topic.
Irysa
I'm good. Bwhahaha, prepare to eat Black Mettelz.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.