Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favourite Anime
Lacrima Castle > Technology and Entertainment > Entertainment - Other Forms > Anime and Manga
Seans
What's your favourite anime series of all time? The only anime series I've seen are Love Hina, Galaxy Angels, Gunslinger Girl, Evangelion, and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Oh, and I'm not talking about extremely long anime series i.e. Gundam Wing, Inuyasha etc. but rather the short series normally consisting of 25 episodes or so.

Anyways, out of those animes, my favourite would probably be Love Hina or Evangelion. I haven't finished watching Haruhi Suzumiya yet, so I'm not sure.
Greifer
Well actually, most animes are just 26 episodes-a full season.
Usually anime only goes past the 26 episode limit if either the manga is popular, the anime is popular, or both.

Anyway, my favorite anime of all time is D.N.Angel.
My favorite this year is Melancholy.
chrishawke
Azumanga Daioh.

Yes, I happen to like school girls who do random things.
Yuka
I...really don't know....Maybe Loveless because it was such a kickass anime. Plus the OST is awesome as hell.
Dr Strum
Berserk or Excel Saga.
lilcases
QUOTE (chrishawke @ Aug 3 2006, 03:25 PM)
Azumanga Daioh.

Yes, I happen to like school girls who do random things.

Its all right i like that show also.
Seans
Who doesn't like Japanese anime school girls?
Flamberge
FullMetal Alchemist, Naruto and Pani Poni Dash.
Malice
Seans, me. -__-

I'm currently obsessing over Air Gear & Azumanga <3
P.P.A.
The Sonic anime rules. (Not the childish Sonic X, the OVA!)
paperweight
Ah! I can never pick a favorite! I think my favorite is Outlaw Star. Maybe Cowboy Bebop or Evangelion. Azumanga Daioh is great and so is Full Metal Alchemist. Galaxy Angel, Chrono Crusade, Ah! My Goddess, Full Metal Panic, and Fate/Stay Night are really good too. I love anime! ^_^
Marionette
Sorry, even if it is 400+ episodes, Detective Conan is still a series and still my favorite.

Second would have to be Gankutsuou and Princess Tutu. I also liked Scrapped Princess.
chilly
I have too many fav animes. Azumanga Daioh, Girls Bravo, Full Metal Panic, Galaxy Angel, Steel Angel Kurumi, Love Hina, eh... that's all I can remember right now.
Marionette
Pick one that stands up above the rest?
Leyviur
Full Metal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid, and The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi.

I want to say Rurouni Kenshin but the only thing that rocked about that anime were some fight scenes in the first half. The rest of it was crap.
Lloyd Seegymont the Rasier
EDITED
Rune_Ocarina
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya for me...
Seans
I'm adding Bleach and Mahoromatic to my list.
Shadow
Fullmetal Alchemist & The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi.
My favorite animes are Full Metal Alchemist, Gundam Seed and Wing, and maybe Seed Destiny..........anyway, ......oh yeah! I love Bleach>>
aerozero
I like the Gundam series in general, .hack, Fate Stay Night, the Maverick Hunter X: Day of Sigma, Rockman EXE., and Zero no Tsukaima
Suzu Fujibayashi
Kannazuki no Miko, Naruto (NOT DUB), Bleach (Again, NOT DUB), and Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha.
Yuka
Adding Noir to my list.
oh yeah! I forgot to add that i love RahXehpon.......i think thats how its spelt>>
Lord Ryo
Let's see, favorite anime eh. I'll say Utawarerumono, Elfen Lied, or Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito.
I agree with you Ryo, Elfen Lied was a fantastic show, i watched it like 4 times>.<
Lord Ryo
I know Rasler, I bought the slim pack box set a while ago but with sooooo many younger brothers and sisters I haven't found the chance to watch it more than once. I guess I better take what I can get, it's not a very kid friendly show if you know what I mean.
Aekari
I think it's these four: Kannadzuki no Miko, Kyoushirou to Towa no Sora, Utawarerumono, and Kanon Renewal.
Trinity Spark
I think my favourite of the moment is probably Fullmetal Alchemist. I also have a love for Final Fantasy: Unlimited and Saiyuki (though I have to say I prefer the manga, but the anime is cool beans too).
Shadow
Updating list:
1. Last Exile
2. Fullmetal Panic? Fumoffu!
3. The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi
YEAH! Someone else who likes Full Metal PanicXD i love that show*_*
Lord Ryo
How could I have forgotten FMP?! I love Fumoffu, but I haven't got around to seeing TSR yet, but I will soon.
Suzu Fujibayashi
It hasn't been subbed yet. But it will be in my favorites:
Mahou Shojo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS FINALLY. <3
aerozero
King of Bandit Jing, it was a good anime with a decent English voice dub
FlameSpark
Shakugan no Shana, for it's awesome story.

Though I have other anime I like too...many, many anime....
They have a Jing anime! No way, I loved the manga^_^ Is it good?
Lord Ryo
Oh, I add Shana to my list, I forgot about it for awhile... *forgive me Shana...*
Desu
I only watched up,to episode 5 of Shana :(
But I liked it so far, pretty interesting...
aerozero
QUOTE(Lord Rasler @ Apr 13 2007, 05:48 PM) *

They have a Jing anime! No way, I loved the manga^_^ Is it good?

I think it's really good (too short though it was only 13 episodes long), especially the English dub which surprised me...youtube it to get an idea of what the voices sound like.
FlameSpark
Can't wait 'till summer arrives~ *_*

Hopefully, it's when Prism Ark is going to air.
Astraea
I have a lot.

Fushigi Yuugi
Kyou Kara Maou
Naruto
Gundam Seed/Gundam Seed Destiny
Shaman King
Cardcaptor Sakura
Rave
and I don't even want to mention the others since my list is longer than Santa's. o_O
Epica
I'm not sure what my all-time favourite is, actually...probably Pokemon. Back in the day, the dub was brilliant, and it stayed pretty damn awesome right up the point that they switched voice actors...now it isn't worth talking about, though >>

Now, just for the storyline alone, it'd be Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, because each time I watch it, I see something I missed before. The action isn't too bad, either, and Tachikomas are every kind of awesome. Plus, the central antagonists, particularly Gohda, are well thought-out and aren't just your stereotypical "OMG CONQUER THE WORLD!" kind of villains...which I hate. Unless they have a suitable evil laugh and a good hairstyle. And actually do some damage before their inevitable death.
Irysa
The Digimon Anime was superior to the Pokemon anime in every respect back in the day.

HOLY SHIT, IS THAT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT?

The Pokemon anime is a total pile of hypocritical shit now. Ash threw his godamn hat away and didn't get it on with Misty.
Shadow
^post full of truth.

I don't watch anime anymore, but there's still some series that I like.
Those are:
Hunter X Hunter, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu and Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu!
Epica
The first two series of Digimon were good, although Tamers completely ruined it. Then again, the Battle Frontier season destroyed Pokemon. Digimon was certainly funnier...I just took to Pokemon a lot more. Although Pokemon was the craze of the time back then.

The current dub of Pokemon makes my ears bleed...
aerozero
QUOTE(Irysa @ Apr 15 2008, 08:39 AM) *

The Digimon Anime was superior to the Pokemon anime in every respect back in the day.

HOLY SHIT, IS THAT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT?

The Pokemon anime is a total pile of hypocritical shit now. Ash threw his godamn hat away and didn't get it on with Misty.

He doesn't get it on with any of the members of his harem. >____>

Digimon was superior, but for some reason I liked the Kanto saga a lot more...some of the episodes were hilarious.
Raijinili
1) What was wrong with tamers? I loved reading about the backstory of the Devas, although I didn't remember to watch it and thus all my knowledge is gleaned from reading.
2) You all should read the Pokemon Special manga. It's a lot better than the show. No Jessie and James!
aerozero
Pokemon Special (called Pokemon Adventures in the US) is indeed awesome.
Crimson Courege
Top Five

Busou Renkin
Bleach
Naruto & Naruto Shippuuden
Code Geass
Soul Eater
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.