Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Animated Gifs
Lacrima Castle > Technology and Entertainment > Computeralogical Stuff
Seans
I would like to know how to make an animated gif, or any other type of image file for that matter. Does anyone know how?
Dr Strum
Well, so far the only animated image you'll be able to make is GIF (eventually, hopefully, MNG will catch on, but it might be a while).
Anyways, how to make a GIF depends on what you use. If you use GIMP, when saving an image with multiple layers as GIF, it will give you the option.
Seans
Thanks Sturm.
lightningdude
I take multiple screenshots in my game, crop the images, then use a GIF Animator program. I know, it may seem like the long way, but it's easy enough for me.
Seans
Hey lightning dude, how did you get the white background for your avatar to go away?

*Nevermind. Magic wand will do the trick.
Dil
I uses ImageReady 7.0 by Adobe, the easiest way to make one is to use Paint Shop Pro's Animation Shop, just open up an MPEG file, then choose the frames you want, and it will auto animate for you, save as .GIF and you're done.

I like doing it the hard way though, which is to take a screenshot frame by frame, I uses Quicktime to do this, I used to make animations of music videos, but it took quite a long time to make, hours..
jcdietz03
What's MNG? Why is it better than GIF?
Rhiannon
It's better than GIF for the same reasons PNG is better than JPG.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple-image_Network_Graphics
Feral Phoenix
I've always wondered this, too. I think there are tutorials on some sites with sprite sheets.
DustyHaru
Since I think this is the correct thread to ask,
Can someone explain how to do it in imageready in Photoshop? (I'm trying to make an animated sig picture)
I'll probably be using the sprite sheets from the GBA section so I need help :P

^_^;

A link would be nice also

-Dusty
jcdietz03
Everyone seems to want to help you w/ GIMP. Why not download it and give it a try? (It is free.) Instructions for making GIFs w/ GIMP are in post #2 of this thread.
Irysa
You do a layer for every single frame then select what layers you want visible on the animation subscreen. ( Control + A )

Its more than slightly tedious. I prefer Fireworks for animation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.