> What games are you playing?
Enzd
post Dec 21 2015, 03:15 AM
Post #3241

NNNNNYAN

Group: Knights
Member No.: 45

QUOTE(Midnight @ Dec 18 2015, 10:50 AM) *
Destiny: The Taken King - The expansion was pretty good, but it kinda burned out on me quickly. Mainly due to my friends moving onto Xbox One. I hope to upgrade soon, but right now my appeal is hanging on the Sparrow racing event.

So you play on the 360? :( I can never find anyone else playing on PS4.

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Hype for the movie brought me back to this a while ago. I finished my Commando's story after all these years and cleared all the way through Chapter 9 of Knights of the Fallen Empire. I still have to destroy Star Fortresses and crap but would rather work on my Jedi Guardian who's beginning Chapter 3 of his story.

Destiny - Anymore I just show up for Iron Banner. I'm nowhere near max light level but I have enough to do the things I enjoy, I guess.

TERA - Still haven't beaten the Game Download boss.

~~~
"Where the hell have you been?! Didn't you get my messages?"
"Sorry, I was being raped in prison."
"You shouldn't be out enjoying yourself when you've got work to do."

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Midnight
post Dec 21 2015, 06:50 PM
Post #3242

Billion Maiden

Group: Flunkies
Member No.: 1755

If you need people to play with, I can suggest using this tool to find a group. I don't really need this (at least not yet,) but it's a lot more helpful than the simple LFG tools out there. Especially considering Destiny's a lot better if you have people to play with.

~~~
+Quote Post
Enzd
post Dec 21 2015, 11:04 PM
Post #3243

NNNNNYAN

Member No.: 45

Oh, I've used that plenty, I just haven't found anyone for more than a PUG.

~~~
"Where the hell have you been?! Didn't you get my messages?"
"Sorry, I was being raped in prison."
"You shouldn't be out enjoying yourself when you've got work to do."

+Quote Post
Midnight
post Jan 29 2016, 05:07 PM
Post #3244

Billion Maiden

Bravely Default - What I'm currently dumping most of my hours into right now. I'm not close to the end of the game, and already I have all of my characters maxed out in both levels and jobs.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Avoiding the story in favor of pirating.

Outside of those, I'm getting an Xbox One in March. It'll be the Division bundle, more because I can get the 1TB console rather than The Division, but I'm still looking forward to it. Just a little bit weary because Ubisoft.

~~~
+Quote Post
Frisk
post Jan 30 2016, 03:09 AM
Post #3245

Determined

Member No.: 1463

QUOTE(Midnight @ Jan 29 2016, 01:07 PM) *

I'm not close to the end of the game, and already I have all of my characters maxed out in both levels and jobs.

I did the same thing. I power grinded off the skeletons in the desert after the first time the big thing that happens a lot happens. I'm too lazy to spoiler tag. I maxed everything out and plowed through the rest of the game. The fun part was making the most silly combinations I could think of.

Disgaea 5 is pretty much the only thing I've been playing lately. I come home, and I grind, and then it's time to go to sleep.
+Quote Post
Midnight
post Mar 12 2016, 09:32 AM
Post #3246

Billion Maiden

The Division - On top of the 1TB Xbox One that came with this game, I am extremely satisfied with it, outside of a couple of minor bugs that show up from time to time. I'm also finally enjoying the library of games I've built up thanks to my Gold subscription.

Prior to that, I was spending time with Mega Man ZX and GTA V for the most part. And next week, I'll be playing Senran Kagura: Estival Versus.

~~~
+Quote Post
Frisk
post Jun 28 2016, 11:30 PM
Post #3247

Determined

Bravely Second- I'm grinding up jobs. I'm in chapter 1 or 2.

Downwell- pointless distracting roguelike falling platforming shooter.

Binding of Isaac- I just reinstalled/redownloaded after like two years.

FFX-2. I bought it with X so I figured I'd play it a little. Not a lot.

FFXIV- I got a new desktop.
+Quote Post
Walrus
post Jul 9 2016, 10:56 PM
Post #3248

ちょうちょうさん

Group: Angels
Member No.: 830

Fuck, forgot about this again. It's been a year and a half since my last post... I'm just going to add whatever I can still remember and fuck anything I forgot.

IN ORDER OF RECENTNESS:

Furi ~ Kind of like Sin&Punishment 2 plus Hyper Light Drifter, but just the bosses. I didn't like that dashing went in the direction you're aiming, so I floundered around a lot. Still beat it though.

Zero Time Dilemma ~ Uh, the puzzles sucked for the most part, but the story was aight. I think VLR probably had the best puzzles. Lots of OH SO THAT'S WHAT/WHO THAT IS moments at least.

Tree of Savior ~ Kind of ass. People were saying it was like an MMO Ys, but all it is is and MMO MMO. Questionable server quality and questionable gameplay design and questionable localization. Apparently they got a bunch of people to contribute to a github thing for free, which explains why it's all terrible. I've got a 150ish pirate that's going to be a fencer because I like their outfit, and a 130ish ranger that's going to be a germanword because I like their outfit too.

Dark Souls III ~ Was fun, but performance was middling on my rig. Seemed to be some kind of memory leak thing that kept flubbing up the texture/asset loading if I played for too long/went to too many areas in one run, which got really annoying when it would boot me to the title screen for "too low fps". Used an Uchigatana and Great Scythe for most of the game, was in the middle of a NG++ run to get the last few rings and stuff when I stopped.

Dragon's Dogma ~ I don't remember if this came out before or after The Witness but I played it. Picked hard mode for my first run because I'm retarded and had a terrible time and everything was terrible. The 'open world' was kind of lame after playing so much Xenoblade X, and having severely limited warp options and just general lack of things that don't suck. The DLC dungeon was pretty cool though.

The Witness ~ Really good puzzles, mildly crappy performance when crossing certain boundaries that I'm assuming would load/unload large sections of the map. Definitely play this if you like to think, just don't cheat.

LESS SURE OF WHEN THESE HAPPENED BUT THEY DID AT SOME POINT:

Tits SC ~ Kind of liked the flow/setting of the first more, possibly because the world was still 'new' to me. SC was just as cliche'd and predictable as FC, but it was less exciting since you were already kind of familiar with everything. Fights were about the same quality as FC, meaning they made me want to play Grandia II. I replayed FC at some point before starting SC.

MGSV/GZ ~ GZ was kind of neat. Gameplay-wise at least. V was pretty good with controls and options and everything, but the amount of things there were to do and the somewhat repetitive nature of some things kind of dragged down my opinion a bit. Story was garbage.

Dark Souls 2: SotFS ~ Technically didn't finish it yet, but I was doing a run with my friend through the whole game. We finished all the DLC, and made it up to the Shrine of Amana before vaguely stopping. Not too much better than vanilla, but I guess it's still okay.

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory/Conviction/Blacklist ~ Hoo boy, these games. THESE GAMES. Coop'd with same DS2 friend. Chaos Theory was pretty janky, considering how old it is, but we somehow managed to finish the whole thing. So much shit happened. Conviction ran terrible and was terrible in general. Black and white was a terrible idea, constantly yelling Russians or whatever the fuck they were were a terrible idea, and that last mission with the plane cargo thing was terrible. Blacklist wasn't too bad, though we only really played the Charlie missions extensively. Pretty fun to play around with the mechanics and all the options you have, though I wish the AI was a bit less oneguyseesyouandeveryoneinstantlyknowsyourposition.

Resident Evil 6 ~ Coop'd with the same friend again, fuck this game. The gunplay was actually not bad, but the general design and encounters were fucking stupid. The constant QTEs with extremely small windows and unintuitive button combinations just made it all a horrible experience. I think we did all four campaigns, but fuck 100%ing that shit.

RE: Revelations ~ An actually not bad game, but it's really obvious it was just a 3DS port. The coop's kind of cool, but we only did like 2/3 of it because my friend never finished the game and coop stages only unlock if you do single player.

Samurai Warriors 4-2 ~ Dunno why it's a 2 and a 4, but the PC version was really buggy. Netcode would crash for absolutely no reason, which fucked everyone over because it instantly fails the mission for both players if it happens. Didn't do much more than a couple of campaigns before quitting because of the assness.

Ys Napishtim/Origin/Felghana ~ Went back and 100%'d Felghana because I'm a man and fuck boss rush. 100%'d the Ark of Napishtim steam version too, because it's a decent game even if it's short and easy. Unfortunately Origin has a nasty combination of bullshit bosses and fuckwad characters, including fuck boss fuck rush fuck. I think I did everything except beating the inferno boss rush with like...claw/adols? Probably also need to buy a bunch more shit from the shop. I think I also 100%'d the YsI version on steam too, but stopped midway through doing YsII.

Xanadu Next ~ Decided to try it out, was pretty cool. I probably had more to say about it back when I first played...

PSO2 ~ Made a new character thanks to the free extra slot and played with same friend, think we hit the level cap(65ish?) at the time. This was like...Novemberish '15? Right before the giant funhouse boss and laserfuck angalathing got released.

Splatoon ~ Played for a month or two on release last year. My shitty internet connection has impeded further attempts to become a squid and a kid simultaneously. Fun game though

Xenoblade X ~ Played the shit out of this when it came out in Japanland last year, and then again to a lesser extent on the US release in the winter. Neat world and designs, questionable execution of a lot of things. I made a giant spreadsheet full of info that everyone uses though.

Hyper Light Drifter ~ Fun little game, lots of secret junk and very precise buttonpressings required. This probably happened more recently than it's listed but whatever.

Trickster ~ I guess I played this again mid/late last year? Leveled all of my nigs up a bunch with all the new quests available and started a dargon, I think. Also got the vampire boss guy's sword to drop, so that was cool.

GW2 ~ Did this happen last year? Yeah it did, right before XenoX's J-release. Coopfriend got me a key and we played together until I hit the level cap. Terrible game, would not play again.

I did end up playing that Japanese Skies copy, but I only made it to like...pre-Yafutoma? Definitely got the Delphinus, but that was pretty much it. Learned some interesting words at least.

Oh yeah, I also played uh...whatever that Falcom game on the PSP was, with the tits sorceress and mazespaces. I can't remember the name, but there were a lot of pitfalls. OH, BRANDISH?

~~~
COME ON BOYS LET'S GO KILL SOME BOOOOOOAR
+Quote Post
Rhiannon
post Jul 20 2016, 08:11 PM
Post #3249

I'm really moved by the chicken bone

Group: Gods
Member No.: 4

I'm not gonna cover everything since my last post, man. Just know that Xenoblade X happened and there were beautiful space whales which are actually plants, and there are honkbirds, and there are screechy rapescorpions that are also actually plants.

Wild Arms: The Vth Vanguard - Played in Japanese because I've decided there's more to gain from playing games in Japanese even if they do have an English dub. Anyway, I beat this game and did everything except for beating Ragularlauglagulaurlaurlagu and the black chest thing. It was a very fun game. Love the hex battle system. It's like an extremely small-scale SRPG or something, and finding the best way to take control of the battlefield is super fun. I think I got used to it way too early, though, because I only had difficulties in three fights... one of them was an endgame optional boss (the one I never beat), another was a one-on-one fight with a character I never used vs. an enemy that had instakill attacks, and the last one was a world map Sol Niger fight that I was fighting about 40 levels lower than I should have been. Which is a big deal. But that was definitely the funnest fight for me. You know what else I love about the game? Extreme volume settings. I can change the volume of playable characters' voices, or NPCs, all separately.

Wild Arms the 4th Detonater - Since I loved 5 I thought I should go ahead and get the rest of the games. They're all super cheap even importing them, anyway. This still has that hex system so I like it a lot. And it would ALMOST be more difficult and strategic because you can't move and attack on the same turn without special abilities, except... Raquel can just go ahead and attack five turns in a row and deal absurd damage every time anyway. So it's still an easy game. Easier than 5, even. Haven't beat it yet, though. I was having trampoline troubles the last time I tried to play. :(

Pokemon Red (Japanese) - Needed some true nostalgia, so Fire Red wasn't gonna cut it. Went with Red because I played Blue as a kid but Blue actually does not have exclusive Pokemon I'm fond of. I named all of my Pokemon after Japanese singers because why not. I though it would be cute. Chose Charmander because to be honest I'm not really fond of any of the Gen 1 starters. I learned that Pidgey is a totally garbage Pokemon because Gust is fucking NORMAL (thank god Spearow is actually good!). Pidgey's only saving grace is early Sand Attack, which made Brock look completely incompetent. Misty was similarly incompetent but that's because guess what? Zubat with Supersonic is almost as good as Zubat with Confuse Ray. Starmie killed itself. I'm probably just going to restart and do a Paras+Parasect only run because I'm too cruel for this game. I even... spammed wrap with an Ekans I caught... Ekans using Wrap back when I had Blue as a kid basically gave me nightmares. I don't wanna be that guy anymore.

What's in store for the future? Probably EDF 2017, because today it is 2016 and I don't want to be still stuck with just this ONE last stage (Inferno on Inferno difficulty) forever, and especially not into the date within the game's title. But how can I beat InfernoxInferno...?

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Walrus
post Aug 6 2016, 06:28 AM
Post #3250

ちょうちょうさん

Well it's been a month, might as well tell everyone all of the AMAZING things I've done since then.

Xenoblade X ~ Finished the story, and spent several dozen more hours working on the spreadsheet. So many informations to fill in :(

EDF 4.1 ~ Fucking Steam version fuck yeah. Playing through the online mode with the friend I did random junk with in my last post as Wing Diver, and slowly making my way through offline with overpowered Ranger weapons. We're on 70something on hard mode online, and I finished all of easy and normal offline. First DLC mission pack coming on Monday so we're pretty hype about dying to everything in that.

~~~
+Quote Post
lilcases
post Aug 11 2016, 06:29 PM
Post #3251

nice bs

Member No.: 102

Kirby, Kirby, Kirby. Oh Yeah and lots of Kirby

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Frisk
post Jan 25 2017, 04:49 PM
Post #3252

Determined

Oracle of Seasons- I've done two dungeons so far, about to start the third. Probably my favorite 2D Zelda of the few I've played.

Rune Factory 4- I played to the end of the first month then stopped because I have small storage space on my 3DS and wanted room for other games.

Dragon Quest VII- I'm about 60 hours in. Love it, gonna pick up VIII when I have the money.

Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest- I'm pretty far. Paired Cotton with Selena and now they tank everything.

Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker- I nearly 100% completed the original, and I intend to do the same here. On my third playthrough. I fucked up the perfect ending the last time, so it's all getting kind of tedious. Still love these games to death though. I'll move on to Overclocked when I finish this.
+Quote Post
Walrus
post Jan 26 2017, 06:50 PM
Post #3253

ちょうちょうさん

Uh...I may have forgotten some of the things since my last post.

Grandia II ~ Had the steam version for a while, finally started it back in Augustish. Got to like...the jungle place? After the whole Melfice thing. I don't think there's much left but random other stuff distracted me and I never came back to it.

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen ~ Got back into it for a bit to finish some things up, since I missed a bunch of stuff in my first run. Also doing it on normal because hard is stupid and poorly balanced. Still haven't really finished everything in it yet.

Dark Souls 3 ~ Came back for Ashes of Ariandel, snow is scary. I was also on NG++ because I wanted to get all the rings and junk, so everything hit like a truck. Still pretty cool, though I would have preferred a bit more to explore. Or a second boss that wasn't a starfox. This handmedown GPU I got was able to run the game normally at least.

Pokemon Moon ~ I don't remember if this happened before or after Dark Souls 3 DLC but it happened. Kind of cool, considering I skipped the last two games, but they fucked up some things. Barely any puzzles, and not really any interesting stuff to explore. And like, zero water, considering it takes place on islands. I like the kickplant and ghostpikachu though. Did everything but the battle tree, fuck that place.

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire ~ Also got this to be able to use Pokebank, only got up to...Mauville? Should get back to it at some point...

MGSV ~ Bought it for reals and spent several hours sneaking up on bears. I think I got to mission 38ish before losing interest, not bad I guess. Haven't touched any of the FOB invadey stuff.

Rainbow Six: Siege ~ Scariest game I've ever played. Did all of the intro single player things, too scared to do a lot of multiplayer. Without knowing map layouts or standard tactics for points, everything is a jump scare and ghosts and I can't handle that kind of stress. It runs pretty well for an Ubisoft game, though.

Aaaaaaaand...

EDF 4.1 ~ Been going back to this on and off since August, because it's just too good. Friend and I managed to finish all of Normal, Hard and Hardest with just us(Wing Diver+Ranger), but we decided to have other people join for Inferno. Which was pretty fun, though some stages took some time because people aren't the best at strategizing. We also beat the first DLC on hard, and most of the second on hardest. We still haven't done that crimson lotus one yet because fuck dragons and fuck the giant silver spider, and we only tried the final DLC stage a couple of times because it takes forever and we didn't know what to bring. We've since started running Air Raider and Fencer, beat Normal and started Hard. I've also run through Normal/Hard/Hardest as Ranger and Fencer in multiplayer without him.

And, I've uploaded a bunch of videos of us being idiots to youtube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5P1...eQQlcuO0YH8T4sc

~~~
+Quote Post
Rhiannon
post Feb 8 2017, 01:00 PM
Post #3254

I'm really moved by the chicken bone

Group: Gods
Member No.: 4

Tales of Xillia - Walrus sent me his HONG KONGESE copy and I think I've played for 30 hours and I feel like nothing's happened. Also, good job failing at doing a female protagonist properly. What other Tales game makes your main person unplayable for a prolonged period of time while they're riding horses/wheelchairs because they'd idiots? Oh, right, Abyss did somethign similar to that, didn't it... Anyway, Leia is cool and I like the link system a lot more than I did before but I'm not super fond of this game. I can't believe it's story is actually real. Most ridiculous thing ever. I think I like playing as Leia though. She seems pretty airy.

Tales of Berseria - Stuck on the probably pre-final battle. This gigantic bubbles spell, man. But I don't want to go down from Hard just for this when it's been a good difficulty for the rest of the game. :/ I do enjoy arte trees and the SG system and spamming soul breaks and BCs one after the other though. I do not know why I'm stuck on this fight when I beat Phoenix though... I guess he was just too easy to dodge and poison. These guys, not so much. I think I'm just going to go back and fight the two final dungeon bosses I missed that give the final BCs and SBs.

Shadow of the Colossus PS3 - YOU HAVE TO PLAY IT AGAIN WHEN YOU CAN AND DON'T EVEN HAVE THE PS2 VERSION ANYMORE OKAY. Except everything is a lot more wigglier so I'm having problems beating the 16th. Time attack is going to be a bigger pooper than ever, isn't it...

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Frisk
post Feb 9 2017, 06:20 PM
Post #3255

Determined

QUOTE(Rhiannon @ Feb 8 2017, 09:00 AM) *

Time attack is going to be a bigger pooper than ever, isn't it...

SotC is the only game I've ever actually broken a controller on. And it was time attack.

My newroommate likes Tales games so I've been picking up a few of them.

Berseria- We play this like once a month because we're playing it with another friend and he likes to not show up. Also they don't start playing until like midnight and I'm a sleepy Vahn by then but I'm playing a mafia
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
and am kind of overwhelmed by the battle system at the moment. Fun though.

Vesperia- Tales games are very eh for me but I get this one's battle system at least. We just made it through starter forest but probably won't be playing it for a while because we're also playing...

Eternal Sonata- Holy FUCK this game is great. The art direction is absolutely beautiful, and the battle system is wonderfully done so that we're actively killing everything for fun instead of levels. I'm playing Alegretto, Polka, and Viola, while roommate plays Frederic and Beat (and Alegretto while I'm busy being bad with Viola).

Etrian Odyssey Untold 2- This game is easier than EO3, which I got about four years ago and never made it past the second floor. I'm up to floor 3, and I'm beating FOE's :D
+Quote Post

220 Pages V « < 215 216 217 218 219 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:17 PM