Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hiking, death by trees
Walrus
post May 11 2017, 06:18 PM
Post #1

ちょうちょうさん

Group: Angels
Member No.: 830

Hi. My name is Walrus. You might know me from such hits as "the krakkenmas topic of unintentionally making people feel bad", and "I made a topic to talk about my model building but then stopped and Rhia took it over". Here I am today to tell you about how I walked through some woods and maybe post some pictures.

MARKED MAP

Today (May 10th 2017. actually yesterday now because I had to finish this post tomorrow...today) my mom, my aunt, my uncle and I all went to hike at the Milford Knob. It started off alright, but once we got a little way in the slopes started getting steeper. Since the trail goes up and loops around the mountain ridge there, there was a total elevation change of about 390 feet. Which is bad, especially when a lot of it is in a single steep hill. By the time I got to the top, I was feeling lightheaded, my legs were weak, and my arms were hea- I mean, tingling. I think my blood pressure died from overexertion because I forgot to eat proper food yesterday. That wasn't fun.

After sitting and feeling terrible for about twenty minutes I decided to go back down and wait in the car(round trip was the pink line), and they all went on without me because 'the top was so close by and you can totally make it', but no. They ended up coming back down after hitting the top anyway because they were worried about me, except they made a wrong turn and ended up at a cemetery down the road instead(blue line). Over 150 total years on this planet between the three of them, and nobody knows how to tell which direction they're going in.

We ate lunch at my aunt's house so I'd stop dying.

Then we drove to another part of that trail! My body stopped trying to shut itself down so I went along too, since they expected the trail to only be two miles or so. Turned out the trail they were talking about didn't exist, but we found a sign that had the actual trails on it(as seen above) and picked out the path we ended up taking(red line).

The path we took was kind of neat, and we ended up passing the Raymondskill Creek(first green dot on the redline), which I took two pictures of. pic1 pic2. I also got a short video of it because it was crazy loud.

We got further down and I had to convince my uncle that his idea to wander down some unmarked path was terrible, and that if instead we just kept following the trail markers, we'd stay on the trail, and continue going the correct way. My aunt also didn't seem to understand the concept of 'turning left' not being left on the map, because orientations. These people should never be allowed to guide anyone to anything.

On the other half of the trail we got to some 'minisink overlook' thing(second green dot on redline), where we could see a bunch of shit from. pic1 pic2. The river is the Delaware(as seen in the map), and the bridge is the bridge we always drive over to visit my aunt(bottom rightish part of the map). And if you look reeeeally hard at the horizon in the second picture, you can see a little thing sticking up out of the mountains. That's High Point Monument, which is apparently only seven miles away from where we were, except the only roads that actually go there are long and windy and in the middle of forests, so it's not really that close. We hiked there exactly a year ago.

My aunt and uncle both went near the edge of the cliff we were at to look over and we thought they were going to fall off.

Then we continued on and passed by a nice lake that wasn't actually all that big and saw a blue bird that was too far away to take a good picture of. Also I peed in some creepy bathroom when we first got there. And my mom took some questionable rake she found on the road up to where we started the second trail home.

~~~
COME ON BOYS LET'S GO KILL SOME BOOOOOOAR
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rhiannon
post May 28 2017, 09:10 AM
Post #2

I'm really moved by the chicken bone

Group: Gods
Member No.: 4

I climbed a "mountain" that had a name with goose in it and it was near a place called Deception Pass in Anacortes which is in Washington and sounds kinda cool. I had an asthma attack just before the top and my body pretty much shut down and I couldn't walk anymore. Eventually I recovered and made it to the top and there was nothing interesting there, not even cool sights.

It was barely a mountain. Don't go climbing "mountains" if you're from the plains where there are no mountains, and when you already know the hills of Washington are designed to kill plainswalkers like you. I'M NEVER HIKING AGAIN.

OH BUT WAIT I THINK THE BRIDGE NEAR DECEPTION PASS HAD AN AMAZING VIEW OF THE SWIRLY FOAMY WATER WHICH WAS PROBABLY THE OCEAN SO THAT WAS REALLY COOL

HERE'S A PICTURE OF THE BRIDGE FROM NOTTHEBRIDGE. I LIKE THE PICTURE BECAUSE IT LOOKS VERY FAKE. AND THEN HERE'S A PICTURE FROM THE BRIDGE OF THAT GOSH DARNED FOAM

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dr Strum
post Jul 25 2017, 12:58 AM
Post #3

Can Lead the Nation with a Microphone

Group: Angels
Member No.: 1

Can confirm: Deception Pass has pretty views

~~~
Писатель всегда будет в оппозиции к политике, пока сама политика будет в оппозиции к культуре.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:06 AM