> 10 things I hate about spiders
Rhiannon
post Feb 10 2013, 09:21 AM
Post #1

I'm really moved by the chicken bone

Group: Gods
Member No.: 4

1. When spiders jump through the ceiling
2. When spiders web me through cave walls (because the walls are only PARTIALLY real!)
3. When spiders literally pop out of the walls
4. When spiders jump right in my face from god knows where
5. When spiders jump on top of me (you can't move while inside a spider fyi, better hope someone kills it before it eats all 5000 of your health in less than a sceond)
6. When spider corpses DON'T DISAPPEAR AND TRAP ME
7. When living spiders web spider corpses into my face just as I fire a rocket launcher
8. When they die on top of places too high to jump to, leaving weapon drops inaccessible
9. When I've done this one stupid stage so many times for this one stupid weapon that I mistake my allies jumping as spiders jumping and kill them
10. When all of this isn't enough to make me stop playing this game forever

Sigh.

~~~
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rhiannon
post Feb 22 2013, 09:39 PM
Post #2

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE

IPB Image

I NEVER HAVE TO DO 46 ON INFERNO EVER AGAIN TOO BAD NOW I HAVE NO EXCUSE TO AVOID ATTEMPTING THAT STAGE WITH 8 UFOS (SOME OF WHICH GIVE BIRTH TO SPIDERS)

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Rhiannon
post Mar 23 2013, 08:50 PM
Post #3

BAD NEWS EVERYONE

THIS PICTURE IS WHAT I WAS LOOKING AT WHEN THE FOLLOWING IRC LOGS TOOK PLACE

[12:05:20] <PSIGuest-416991660> SO I REALIZE
[12:05:26] <PSIGuest-416991660> I'M BEING ATTACKED FROM TWO SIDES IN THIS CAVE
[12:05:31] <PSIGuest-416991660> SO I GO TO CLEAR OUT THIS SIDE I DIDN'T NOTICE
[12:05:33] <PSIGuest-416991660> AND THEN SUDDENLY
[12:05:36] <PSIGuest-416991660> SPIDER WEBS FROM BEHIND
[12:05:50] <PSIGuest-416991660> GAME OVER
[12:05:51] <PSIGuest-416991660> :(
[12:07:37] <PSIGuest-416991660> THINK IT'S TIME TO MAKE NOTES ON SOME OF THESE
[12:07:52] <PSIGuest-416991660> SINCE ONLY LIKE FIVE OF THESE LAST 15 I'M STUCK ON ARE STAGES I'VE ACTUALLY HAD PROBLEMS WITH BEFORE
[12:07:55] <PSIGuest-416991660> MEANING
[12:07:59] <PSIGuest-416991660> I ONLY REMEMBER HOW LIKE FIVE OF THEM GO
[12:08:18] <PSIGuest-416991660> UGH
[12:08:20] <PSIGuest-416991660> I OPEN TEXTEDIT
[12:08:24] <PSIGuest-416991660> LOOK AT RECENT FILES
[12:08:36] <PSIGuest-416991660> IN HOPES OF FINDING SOME RANDOM FILE THAT SEEMS GOOD FOR THESE TPYES OF NOTES
[12:08:39] <PSIGuest-416991660> AND THE FIRST THING ON THE LIST
[12:08:44] <PSIGuest-416991660> SUCCESSFULSPIDER.TXT
[12:08:50] <PSIGuest-416991660> I'M GONNA KILL MYSELF

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Rhiannon
post Mar 24 2013, 10:10 PM
Post #4

Ten stages on Inferno remain. Can I clear them before late May? ONLY YOU CAN HELP, LCN, BY KEEPING TRACK OF MY NOTES.
EDIT: OH NO WE'VE FAILED YOU RHIA

This post has been edited by Raijinili: Mar 24 2013, 11:45 PM

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Rhiannon
post Mar 25 2013, 09:06 PM
Post #5

DAMN IT RAI

WHATEVER, I BEAT SWEEP AND ERUPTION, SO 8 STAGES LEFT. Eruption was stupid. The nests there have somewhere between 16501 and 22000 health (which is more than what they have on Spearhead, the last stage with nests)... the strongest weapon I have (which is all but the one you get from clearing Inferno, which apparently can't harm nests anyway) deals 12000 damage. ISN'T THAT A LITTLE RIDICULOUS? In the end I did use said 12000-dealing weapon. Because two mass explosions while abusing invincible frames from shooting myself in the foot with a weak rocket launcher really was more reasonable than shooting each of them four times with a silly sniper rifle and hoping nothing got in my line of fire or killed me.

I also drew pictures for the stages I think I'm going to tackle tomorrow: Wrath and Surrounded. SO RAI IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER, I STILL GOT IT YO NOW DON'T DELETE MY GLORIOUS ART OF MOUSTACHED ANTS AND SUCCESSFUL HOPPY SPIDERS.

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Raijinili
post Mar 25 2013, 09:17 PM
Post #6

Lieutenant

Member No.: 16

REPOST
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Rhiannon
post Mar 26 2013, 06:04 PM
Post #7

rah rah rah spiders

Today I beat Wrath, Surrounded, Starship, and Convergence. In that order. Not a single game over! I blew up the entire city in Wrath with C70 (like I said I would!). Surrounded is really really easy as long as you can take out the two spider UFOs before they drop reinforcements. Starship was uh... I think the other times I tried it on Inferno I just had bad luck/timing/eyes. Managed to take down ALL of the hectors instead of forgetting about one (and later landing on it and having it prevent my escape from the mothership's cannons), laid C70 in the appropraite place, jumped off and rolled away just in time to avoid instantdeathlasers, detonated the bombs with the proper timing and managed to roll around alive long enough to get the mission clear.

Convergence was kind of silly. It's actually 5 UFOs and a bunch of hectors, but they're all in separate groups and none of them know where you are until you attack them. No hivemind, so I could take out each UFOgroup one by one. I took way too much damage from the first two UFO groups (actually got to health as low as 22) but after that I didn't really get hit much.

So only 4 remain. One of those four definitely has spiders, and another probably has spiders but I don't really remember. THE POINT IS I CAN DO THIS. And then it's time to 100% Resonance of Fate, hopefully also before late May. But there are no spiders in that, so it'll be okay.

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Rhiannon
post Mar 28 2013, 06:43 PM
Post #8

Yesterday I didn't beat anything (almost beat Surprise multiple times, but didn't succeed). TODAY I BEAT SURPRISE AAAAAND BREACH. I almost beat Breach by using two Prominence MAs, but eventually after some more attempts I realized that it kept moving in the same stupid directions that prevented me from getting close enough to hit it every time, and decided to go in with two Lysander Zs (once I ran out of ammo, that meant he would be dead as long as I never missed) and instead of following him, just sitting and waiting for him to come back my way. This meant:

1. I got to watch him shoot his own pelvis with his rear-facing cannon thing while I waited
2. I had all my dudes alive
3. When he came back and next stopped I had a great line of fire to keep switching between the two without moving and stuff.
4. When he goes into AWFULMODE, most of his lasers targetted all the NPCbros that I had kept alive by not chasing him when he went half off the map near the start
5. I had to run for the hills as soon as I saw him explode because just like the final boss, surviving under those conditions is like, ridiculous, and you have to wait for it to die its glorious death before you get the mission clear. I had 0 health when it popped up.

99.25% though, man! Just need to brave that spidernest in Spearhead and... brave that inferno in Inferno.

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Rhiannon
post Mar 31 2013, 01:44 AM
Post #9

Yesterday I didn't beat anything because everything was too hard. Today I didn't try because I was gone all day and my morale already reached 0 yesterday, so I'm done for a while. Just leaving this here for later:

43. Spearhead:
Nests take 4 shots. HOW COULD I BE SO WRONG

52. Inferno:
First: Ants+gunships+hectors. Kill every enemy (except I've barely managed to kill any on Inferno).
Second: 2 UFOs, bunch of red gunships, 2 hugeants.

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Rhiannon
post May 20 2013, 07:03 PM
Post #10

FORGET IT THERE'S NO WAY I CAN BEAT INFERNOXINFERNO WITHOUT A SECOND CONTROLLER OR DOUBLING MY HEALTH SO I'M NOT GOING TO TOUCH THIS GAME FOR LIKE A YEAR

I'M NOT EVEN HAPPY THAT I BEAT SPEARHEAD TODAY NOW

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Rhiannon
post Feb 27 2014, 06:26 AM
Post #11

It is time for blog again. The late May deadline is back, except this time I can't just say "OH SCREW IT I'LL FINISH INFERNOXINFERNO LATER" because ZANGEKI ONLINE IS DYING ON MAY 20TH GUYS

SIGH.

list of things to do:
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Rhiannon
post Mar 4 2014, 04:56 AM
Post #12

PROGRESS:

• Killed rhinos for 100000 mana. I have no idea how much health that gets me.
• Stabbed Jormungandr right in the face. Both of his faces, actually.
• OH MAN GUYS 220 RANGE IS AWESOME I CAN STAB ALL THE FINAL BOSS'S SPEARS SCREW BOWS
• Finished Normal Frey. That makes it the second difficulty I've fully completed (Hard was the first because because)
• Farmed for and killed a bunch of dark, star, and light for some useless things that were in the way
• Did Easy Freya through Stage 50 with Walrus. Amount of times I've blown him up: 3. Pretty good, except I also blew myself up once because he jumped in my face or something. Jerk. Our batteries have also died in the middle of stages twice. That's okay, I guess, since it's Easy...

THINGS I HAVE NOT DONE:
• ANYTHING DIFFICULT
• tripled my health (but maybe I can?!)
• gotten Frotti/Hrotti whatever, or Gleipnir
• gotten Tyrfing
• gotten all the junk in the way of Tyr's Sword for Frey

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:47 PM