Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Favourite guitarists?
Shadow
post Mar 25 2008, 03:03 AM
Post #1

Aesthetic

Group: Knights
Member No.: 46

You can also post a link to the songs that makes them your favourites.

Mine are:
· David Gilmour from Pink Floyd, for almost every guitar solo he does. (especially for this song)

· Jimmy Page from Led Zeppelin, probably for Achilles Last Stand or Stairway to Heaven, though all of the other songs are also great.

· Mark Knopfler from Dire Straits, for Money for Nothing, Sultans of Swing, Where Do You Think You're Going and others.

· Carlos Santana, for Samba Pa Ti, Europa, Black Magic Woman.

Those 4 are on the top of my list, but I still love others like Angus Young from AC/DC, Eric Clapton, Eric Johnson, Ritchie Blackmore from Deep Purple, Gustavo Cerati from Soda Stereo, Jimi Hendrix and Slash.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Irysa
post Mar 25 2008, 04:40 AM
Post #2

Towards some blank infinity

Group: Knights
Member No.: 65

Chuck Schuldiner of Death. The man practically pioneered Death Metal, and made some of the best Progressive Material ever. I adore his work on later albums in particular.
Case example;Flesh and the Power it Holds

Dimebag Darrel of Pantera. Does this need any fucking explaining? Dimebag had one of the most distinctive and original styles in guitaring, Pantera forefronted Post Thrash/Groove Metal, and he had a kickass guitar too.

There are so many good riffs and solos the guy came up with I dunno where to start. His tuning was brilliant too.
Case example;Domination (live)(best fucking preformance ever), 5 Minutes Alone(just listen to the SLUSH on that fucking riff)

Trey Azagthoth of Morbid Angel. Easily the best guitarist in Death Metal as of now. Whilst Muhammed of Necrophagist, while technically impressive, lacks creativity, and are usually little more than some neoclassical sweeps and arpeggios with the odd cool fill thrown in. It's stuff that's all been done to death before. Trey on the other hand is unique and has a mesmerising and hypnotic solo style which I find much nicer to listen to than repeated neoclassical fret wanking.
Case example:Random collection of solos

Obviously Hendrix deserves a mention, and Angus Young too. I'd have said Alexi Laiho a year or so back, but the wanker he is now doesn't deserve it.

This post has been edited by Irysa: Mar 25 2008, 04:41 AM

~~~
[13:27:43] [Sabator] peter would be the worst batman ever though. "turn on the bat-signal" "right!" *turns on huge foglight, beams an image of striped pantsu into the sky*
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:07 AM