Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Top five favourite games of all time, And WHY
Dr Strum
post Jan 16 2006, 08:20 PM
Post #1

Can Lead the Nation with a Microphone

Group: Angels
Member No.: 1

Simple. Post your top five favourite games of all time (Riviera is implied since you're here, so avoid listing it), and WHY they are your favorite games.

Mine (unordered):
  • Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (GEN)
    I loved the first Sonic, and then this one came along and blew it away. Faster Sonic, larger, more diverse levels, bigger bosses and multiplayer. One of the earliest games I remember playing as well.
  • Frequency (PS2)
    A music game, although Frequency is really indescribable. But any game that can put me into a trance with fast, rhythmic button mashing, beautiful visuals and great sound is a good game (and the multiplayer was insane).
  • Advance Wars (GBA)
    My first Turn Based Stratey game, and probably one of the most balanced strategy games I've ever played. Great animation, likeable characters, some really difficult gameplay, and fun music makes for a game I keep playing, years after its release, and the release of the not-as-good sequels.
  • Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons (GBC)
    Not my first Zelda, but the first one(s) I beat. I collected every ring, every weapon, every heartpiece and beat EVERY mini-game in Seasons and Ages. The bosses were fun, the puzzles were great (and many of the Ages puzzles involving lots of time travelling were downright maddening), and if you beat one game, you can link it up to the other to continue and get a different final boss. To COMPLETELY beat it, you had to play through each game four times (eg, eight times total). Hmm, maybe I oughta' go play through again...
  • Feel the Magic: XY/XX (DS)
    A recent game, sure, but I spent months on this game. I beat normal mode the night I got it, but it took me a few months to finish hard mode, and I only finished hell mode a few weeks ago (more than a year after its release). Still haven't filled up all the games in Maniac... But, I can't wait for the sequel (coming out on Valentine's Day <3).

~~~
Писатель всегда будет в оппозиции к политике, пока сама политика будет в оппозиции к культуре.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Malice
post Jan 16 2006, 09:34 PM
Post #2

NUMERO NINO

Group: Grim Angels
Member No.: 9

not in order~

Fire Emblem 7
Eh... It's very.. good... and..... eh........ I like Fire Emblems......?

Golden Sun 2
I like the battle system.

Fire Emblem 8
'cause Seth is in it and it lets you go back and make your players stronger if they suck.

Final Fantasy 4
I liked the story.

Shining Souls 2
You get to pick who you are! :D

Not the best reason...
+Quote Post
fensti
post Jan 16 2006, 10:54 PM
Post #3

Life Waster

Group: Knights
Member No.: 27

Tales of Symphonia
Best RPG for the GCN. Long story, really good at that. Interesting characters.
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones
My favorite out of the series. More balanced characters and more fun to use the battle arena.
Golden Sun: The Lost Age
My favorite GBA game. Best graphics for GBA, best story, best characters. Case closed.
Baten Kaitos
One of the most interesting battle systems in this game, and though the voice acting may not be the best, it is still one of my favorites.
Pokemon Series
One of the best RPG franchises ever. after 10 years it is still moving strong. I loved these games, though I tend to put them aside a lot once I finish them.
+Quote Post
Chardes
post Jan 16 2006, 11:00 PM
Post #4

Talkative

Group: Arcs
Member No.: 26

NOT in order:

Final Fantasy 7
Great gameplay, great plot. Too bad it's just albeit too easy.

Star Ocean: The Second Story
Simple to play, thick in storyline, lotsa talking, and.. lotsa talking.. and.. well, tough boss. ^^

Unreal Tournament 2004
FLAK CANNON! FLAK CANNON!

Heroes of Might and Magic III
Superb graphics, and fun.

Katamari Damacy
YES! I ROLLED OVER A COW. YEAH.
+Quote Post
Anubimon
post Jan 16 2006, 11:11 PM
Post #5

Shy

Member No.: 43

Final Fantasy 6
I like the plot, I like the music, I like the characters, I like the villain. And Terra x Celes is an awesome couple.
... Shut up, I'm not strange. =(

Growlanser series
Obscue games, sadly. Growlanser 2 and 3 were released by Working Designs. They're just... fun.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
OBJECTION! TAKE THAT! HOLD IT! Fun and humorous.

Suikoden series
Good plots and they tend to have good characterization, considering each game gives you 108+ party members.

Chrono Trigger
A classic... A game I've played over and over, so it's stuck with me.

Honorable mention: Fire Emblem 4. I like how the time jump.

~~~
The balls of evil are never safe from the steel-toed boot of JUSTICE!!
+Quote Post
Dr Strum
post Jan 17 2006, 12:11 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (Anubimon @ Jan 16 2006, 05:11 PM)
And Terra x Celes is an awesome couple.
... Shut up, I'm not strange. =(

Nothing to feel bad about, that's a common pairing....

~~~
Писатель всегда будет в оппозиции к политике, пока сама политика будет в оппозиции к культуре.
+Quote Post
Marionette
post Jan 17 2006, 12:35 AM
Post #7

The Comedy of Errors

Member No.: 11

Phantom Brave
This game made me fall in love with gaming all over again. Its gorgeous, it made me cry, it made me fall in love. I love it to bits to this day.

Valkyrie Profile
Amazing battles, amazingly dark and awesome storyline. Lezard.

Star Ocean 2
My first true game obsession. I seriously went hardcore on this baby. 255 for everyone and still kept going.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Newest obsession, but its an amazing game. Took me completely by surprise on its sheer awesomeness. I love it to bits no matter how linear it is. Edgeworth baby!!!

And finally...

Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga
Extremely witty and great way to give fresh life to the Mario series. I honestly, honestly love Nintendo and Alpha whathaveyou for htis game. I became a Nintendo Fangirl from this.

Also, they gave us Peasley. Life was good.

Yay.

~~~
IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post
DVA-Angel
post Jan 17 2006, 01:59 AM
Post #8

Shy

Member No.: 33

Oh boy XD Why bother having a list when I can say all the games I've played and enjoyed are my topped list? XD

~~~
user posted image
+Quote Post
whoyodaddy
post Jan 17 2006, 03:33 AM
Post #9

Had 2 cookies than ate 1

Member No.: 36

not in order:
star ocean 2
digital devil saga
F.E.A.R
GTA series
devil may cry 1+3(skip 2 because that one sucked)

~~~
user posted image
Even a hero is just a person. And people are suseptable to all kinds of injury or pain.
+Quote Post
Leyviur
post Jan 17 2006, 05:04 AM
Post #10

Just Some Guy

Group: Gods
Member No.: 10

Suikoden 2 - The entire Suikoden series is my personal favorite series, but this game deserves special note because it's just THAT awesome. It does everything right - story, graphics, characters, gameplay, music score, and an awesome hidden character - the only thing that tainted it was the shitty American localization.

Tales of the Abyss - I'm an avid fan of the Tales series and despite them whoring out this license like a ten dollar slut, I buy each and every game released for this franchise. Their most recent attempt, Abyss, is possibly the best game in the series thus far. Aside from a few technical problems, the game has a fantastic battle system and great story and characters.

Chrono Trigger - The Dream Team didn't matter so much to me as the final product did, and boy, the final product was one of the best games ever created by the hands of man. Awesome graphics, lovable characters, an enthralling journey, and an exciting battle system all made this possibly my favorite game Square has ever created.

Lufia 2 - In an era that was dominated by graphics whores and effect sluts, the Lufia series had more simplistic graphics and battle systems, but the series had one of the BEST stories I've ever seen, not because of its subject matter, but because the way it's told makes players remember it for the rest of their gaming career. Lufia 2, though technically the first story of the series, offers up one of the best stories ever seen in an RPG. It's too bad the sequels for the series has drifted into mediocrity, the games deserve a true sequel.

Kingdom Hearts 2 - I loved the first Kingdom Hearts, I really did. But it pales in comparison to this game. About four times as big, with a better battle system, new abilities and combination forms, more worlds, and a great story (with a secret unlockable ending), this is a game for the ages.
+Quote Post
MoloMowChow
post Jan 17 2006, 05:34 PM
Post #11

I have a bitch for a twin sister. That means I'm a stupid fu

Group: Naughty Children
Member No.: 35

Not in order, i'm speaking for Mele as well...

Unreal Tournement 2004: Redeemer!! Redeemer!!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced: Awesome story line, awesome stradegy gameplay (sort of), great characters...sucky music XD

Ragnarok Online: SOOO addictive, can't say why...Ghostring Card! OMG!

Ragnarok Battle Offline: Even MORE addictive then RO, much fun!

Counterstrike Source: i am a camper!

i would have put Riviera too, but that's too predictable...

~~~
im a moran who takes the internet too seriusly and got banned becuz my sister was a bitch :(
+Quote Post
Marionette
post Jan 17 2006, 07:27 PM
Post #12

The Comedy of Errors

QUOTE (Leyviur @ Jan 17 2006, 05:04 AM)

Lufia 2 - In an era that was dominated by graphics whores and effect sluts, the Lufia series had more simplistic graphics and battle systems, but the series had one of the BEST stories I've ever seen, not because of its subject matter, but because the way it's told makes players remember it for the rest of their gaming career. Lufia 2, though technically the first story of the series, offers up one of the best stories ever seen in an RPG. It's too bad the sequels for the series has drifted into mediocrity, the games deserve a true sequel.

You are the true pokemon master. That is a god damn awesome game. First game to ever make me break down in tears. Repeatedly.

And to this day the Sinistral Boss Theme still kicks major ass.

~~~
IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post
Enzd
post Jan 17 2006, 10:41 PM
Post #13

NNNNNYAN

Member No.: 45

THIS WAS STUPID SO IT'S GONE NOW

This post has been edited by Enzd: Jul 6 2010, 02:08 AM

~~~
"Where the hell have you been?! Didn't you get my messages?"
"Sorry, I was being raped in prison."
"You shouldn't be out enjoying yourself when you've got work to do."

+Quote Post
Dr Strum
post Jan 17 2006, 10:47 PM
Post #14

That makes two of us.
Raine > all.

~~~
+Quote Post
Marionette
post Jan 20 2006, 06:17 PM
Post #15

The Comedy of Errors

Raine <3 I was pretty fond of Colette too.

~~~
IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:06 PM