Lacrima Castle
HelpSearchMembersCalendar

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> that other shrine maiden game that is not tohou., its called rocky and pocky, and im talking about the 2nd one.
Shiokazu
post Apr 30 2013, 03:40 PM
Post #1

Talkative

Group: Arcs
Member No.: 1937

just to keep track of my stuff, if you want to play get to play, get it at some obscure place of the internet.

the game is about a some people who were having a party with some moon princess named Luna, bad oni guys show up being jerks and taking Luna away to nowhere, then people get like " HEY POCKY(YOU), GO AND GET THE PRINCESS BACK TO US BECAUSE WE NEED HER FOR NO REAL REASON. " and then you go.

the controls are weird:

Y lets you shot magic cards, i mean, exorcism slips or whatever, like reimu but not.

B lets you use that magical exorcism stick, wich name i dont know, its like, 1hit ko to almost anything + omnishield.

A is magic, like creates a barrier and you get imune to attacks( ANY KIND OF ATTACK )

X does... good question, wtf does X does?

L is for throwing your friends away i guess ( you use them as bombs, its awesome. )

and R does nothing i guess.

8-way movement, fuck yeah.

theres also some power ups like, cloth pieces(more armor, so you can take more damage), orbs that give you better magical card power, rabbit ears for when you have no clothing left you can still take a last hit...

thats all i guess.

----------------------

Mother of god, this second stage is just rage, pure rage, you cant play it if you're narcotic. needs better reflexes and stuff like that.

Heres the password:

Map 3 - October Fields: V3BX
----------------------
made it to the map 4, not much to say right now. only that its called Bridge over Kappa River.
----------------------

Ok now, this map is easy and fast, probably has two ways of doing it, i dont know yet, the boss looks a lot more about moving around and having the reflexes to use the right technique on the right time, almost like a figther gaem but NOT.

Heres the password:

Map 4 - Bridge Over Kappa River: F87N

----------------------
made it to map 5 i have no idea of what happens next.
----------------------

OK, some demon from SMT makes a canon appearance here, i think its name is shiisa or something, you ride it on a corridor to the end of it and all that, its very crazy.
its like Touhou on Shiisa

Heres the password:

Map 5 - Demon's Corridor: S2YP

----------------------
made it to map 6, stuff got colder and higher.
----------------------

Ok, couldnt get to the boss, here the action gets a bit faster and theres some considerable amounts of bullets flying around... new monsters, like the yuki onna, a snow rabbit... i think its about all the monsters i saw.

and theres a... Ice Lady like miniboss. she spins a pattern of ice bullets and falls ice... kinda hard to deal.

Going Right now, left is shorter, thought its a lot harder.

left was better, gave me much more points, and for each 10k you get an extra life.

btw, the boss: its a gate, you SHOULD use your partner as any other boss and everything will be just fine, remember to take its arms away, and the rest of the fight is easy, sidenote: the worst attack is when he spawns lots of thorns, be aware of that, other than it, just stick to the sides and bomb him whenever possible. card trowing is also nice if you get a nice position at the center of the screen, there are plenty strategies, this boss is very easy.

Heres the password:

Map 6 - Winter's Wonderland: 6DZ4

----------------------
made it to map 7, lava and its the EX demon island. meaning its no more... im going to have some fun... or not.
----------------------

lava lava lava lava lava lava bullets bullets bullets bullets bullets bullets bullets, i found myself waning the stick a lot more than in any stage, yet i didnt made it much further, not sure if its hard, but dont try to fight back, just press yourself foward, i have no idea who is the boss here, OH and dont forget to get the robot buddy.

PS: looks like touhou on normal mode.

Heres the Password:

map 7 - Demon Island: TR5C

--------------------
made it to map 8, Dragon in the sky, i remember this stage, its hard, fast, i thought it was impossible to finish it when i was younger. wish me luck.
--------------------

Cant figure out the best way to made through this stage, controlling the dragon is rather difficult, you get used ofc, but not that early in the tries, also, i think there are no bombs for this stage, im yet to try, 1st miniboss is a tiger who shots thunder, i think it might be a Kami... looks like Gekigami from Ookami.

and yes, confirmed. There are no bombs in this stage, good luck failing over and over and over again.

no, seriously, this stage is fucked up, i am almost giving up beating it fair and square. want to know about the boss? too bad, i dont. thought i remember some stuff about him.

this stage is so frustrating it left a scar on me.

Heres the Password:

Map 8 - Dragon in the Sky: GZLR

-------------------
Finally on the last stage once again. Map 9
-------------------

Ok, so... here we have uhm... its pretty fun. lots of enemies and all, not much to say, didnt get to the final boss yet.

Heres the Password:

Map 9 - Demon Castle: 5K0Q
-----------------------------------------------------------

This post has been edited by Shiokazu: May 2 2013, 02:16 PM

~~~

IPB Image click to read.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Nana
post Jun 4 2013, 02:31 PM
Post #2

Lazy

Member No.: 2572

I love this game. I don't have a copy myself, so I've never made it further than stage 3 (9 maps, wow -- this is a long game!), but it's still a lot of fun. I should emulate it sometime. Ever play Kiki Kaikai (the first Pocky & Rocky game)? It's even more difficult, but a really cool game. It's on PS2 under the 'Taito Legends 2' collection.

For Pocky & Rocky-likes in general though, I have a copy of Twinkle Tale for the Genesis which is a total blast, and I know Mamoru-Kun Has Been Cursed! either just got or is about to get a USA PSN release. It's a bullet hell walk-around shooter by G.Rev.
+Quote Post
Shiokazu
post Jul 5 2013, 04:16 AM
Post #3

Talkative

Member No.: 1937

QUOTE(Nana @ Jun 4 2013, 11:31 AM) *

I love this game. I don't have a copy myself, so I've never made it further than stage 3 (9 maps, wow -- this is a long game!), but it's still a lot of fun. I should emulate it sometime. Ever play Kiki Kaikai (the first Pocky & Rocky game)? It's even more difficult, but a really cool game. It's on PS2 under the 'Taito Legends 2' collection.

For Pocky & Rocky-likes in general though, I have a copy of Twinkle Tale for the Genesis which is a total blast, and I know Mamoru-Kun Has Been Cursed! either just got or is about to get a USA PSN release. It's a bullet hell walk-around shooter by G.Rev.

totally putting those titles on my list, once i start playing one i'll revive this thread again.

depending on how it goes, its going to turn out in a bullet hell walk around general

~~~

IPB Image click to read.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:57 PM