Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Psyche, OMG
Frisk
post Dec 2 2009, 08:08 AM
Post #1

Determined

Group: Knights
Member No.: 1463

A processor called "Psyche" has been talked about for quite a while now. At first, the name spread within news groups, then to the Web, and among enthusiasts like clerks who work for shops in Akihabara or Nihonbashi. There were people who doubted its ability to upgrade the capacity of a machine just by connecting it to the mother board. The editorial section succeeded in obtaining a processor which is believed to be "Psyche" through a certain route, and here is a detailed report of it. However, we cannot tell you how we obtained it, and questions about the processor cannot be answered.

As you can see from the appearance, it has a multiple layer structure. It seems that the accumulation ability per die area is not exceptionally high since it is a small rot prototype. We got the body but have no documents about the device. Therefore, it was installed by trial and error.

As it was rumored, you place the processor on 429pin North Bridge, the chip set of the mother board. It was not so difficult to set the device since it was like setting an Over Drive accelerator to the old 388 model. However, we had a hard time making it start. The processor brings 100mhz base to 40mhz and interrupts the memory controller with the transmitting rate of 1.80B/sec. To our surprise, Psyche seems to control the whole mother board and even I/O with its own command by intercepting BIOS. Therefore, the jumper settings will be made invalid. Indeed, it is possible to upgrade the (crook?) by this method, and also the signal and I/O for special purposes can be upgraded drastically. However, it is the result that is important. IN the ordinary bench mark test, it was excellent in all aspects like CPU, but this is not surprising. It proves that Psyche shows its real ability when connected to a networ. Psyche employs 128bit memory which is equivalent to L2 cash and it seems that the command packet of a network is translated by an interpreter method and responds back with a protocol mehtod. Due to this, the amount of data in the packet and the time needed for transmission was improved significantly. Adding to this, the protocol used here involves the code of network protocol which is called next generation TCP/IP, and what is "not visible" has become visible by this. When we accessed to a network with a machine with Psyche, things that we did not intend to download were downloaded automatically and the registry was rewritten.

COOKIE FOR THE PERSON WHO GETS THIS
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Raijinili
post Dec 2 2009, 06:37 PM
Post #2

Lieutenant

Group: Gods
Member No.: 16

The Psyche is the soul attached to the computer which is the brain?

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Frisk
post Dec 2 2009, 10:48 PM
Post #3

Determined

Nope

In the context of the anime I'm taking this from, the "Psyche" really is a new type of computer processor, that does exactly what it says.

And I'm looking for the anime.

I was too vague, and putting this topic in Internet/Fads didn't help.

But I'm just a jerk like that.
+Quote Post
Raijinili
post Dec 3 2009, 05:27 AM
Post #4

Lieutenant

Group: Gods
Member No.: 16

http://www.noisywires.net/layer:03/layer:03.html

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Frisk
post Dec 3 2009, 05:29 AM
Post #5

Determined

:)

COOKIE FOR YOU
+Quote Post
Irysa
post Dec 12 2009, 02:24 PM
Post #6

Towards some blank infinity

Member No.: 65

already figured it was lain before rai solved it.

~~~
[13:27:43] [Sabator] peter would be the worst batman ever though. "turn on the bat-signal" "right!" *turns on huge foglight, beams an image of striped pantsu into the sky*
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:08 PM