Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Glitches, (Updated 11/21/08)
Dr Strum
post Jul 7 2006, 03:43 AM
Post #1

Can Lead the Nation with a Microphone

Group: Angels
Member No.: 1

I'm posting this thread as a collection of all the glitches (replicable) that we run across in YU.

Glitch: Data Number Glitch (GBA: Both Versions. PSP: Fixed.)
When: On loading and saving screen
Description: When loading a game, the last saved data will be highlighted, and the game will misreport it as "Data 1" whether it's Data 1, 2 or 3.
-Pictures:
--Save screen picture (highlighting Data 2): http://drsturm.net/public/yggdra/DataGlitch.PNG
Danger: Little. All that can happen is loading the wrong data and getting spoilers, or accidentally saving on the wrong data.

Glitch: Bonus Damage Glitch (GBA: Both Versions. PSP: Fixed.)
When: On Morale Damage screen
Description: When four bonuses are received for morale damage, while listing the bonuses, it will continue listing "HEAD ALIVE" over and over again down the screen, and then, when it moves on to animate the circle emptying, it will become apparent that the game has written "HEAD ALIVE" all over one of the lower layers of the screen as well. The only way this is possible is to get the bonuses: Critical, Head Alive, Equipment, and then one of the card skill bonuses: Item Steal, Item Break, Jihad/Crusade End, Status Damage or Dragon Slay.
Pictures:
-Screenshots:
--Yggdra Random Discussion thread
--English Version Screen
-Video: .h264 format
Danger: None, technically, with no visible side effects from it occurring... At least against a male unit. For the effects of it occurring against a female unit, see the OVER 9000 glitch.

Glitch: Unknown Tactics (GBA: Both Versions. PSP: Fixed?)
When: In a clash where an enemy is using an A-Activated skill (Shield Barrier and Banshee's Cry confirmed)
Description: If you go into aggressive (may work with passive, too) mode while the enemy has an A Skill activated, and continue with aggressive when it runs out, your meter will appear yellow (as in neutral mode) and neither aggressive nor passive will be highlighted as the current mode.
Screenshot: You can tell he's in aggressive because he's glowing purple
-Video: HERE
Danger: Probably none, except maybe using an element against someone not weak to them, thinking you're in neutral, but why would you go into aggressive against someone not only strong to your element but using Shield Barrier? Oh well.

Glitch: Mirage Glitch (GBA: Both Versions PSP: Fixed.)
When: In a clash, using Mirage, as well as in the clash outcome screen.
Description: When Mirage is used in battle, and runs out of time, your terrain returns to normal. However, if it's broken (with another skill) the terrain will not return to normal. The terrain will remain swapped.
-Video: Pay attention to the terrain and the GEO bonus
Danger: None. Can even be beneficial unless you want a "pure game."

Glitch: Ishiene's Infinite Pow.Up (GBA: Japanese version only. PSP: Fixed.)
When: BF7-1
Description: A glitch occurs with Ishiene's equipment - the Brave Ring - in BF7-1 (she will not have the Brave Ring if you did not get her item in BF5). When Ishiene is low on Morale, the Brave Ring will heal her to full Morale. And for some reason, it will increase her Pow.Up to 255, which is far higher than any other enemy in the game ever has. This glitch can easily abused for extra POW on your cards, and even more so by exploiting restarts, since the 255 will not be halved as part of the restart penalty.
Danger: None, except for making the game painfully easy by giving your cards max POW before the enemies even have 2000 Morale.

Glitch: Time Locked Units (GBA: Both Versions. PSP: Fixed?)
When: BF23 and BF8 confirmed for the Japanese version, BF24 confirmed for the American version, potentially others.
Description: There seems to be a problem with turn-based unit appearances/disappearances. In BF23, if you unveil Pamela, but switch to a different part before she can escape and she will not leave the battlefield, ever. A similar situation with Mizer in BF8; if you move onto BF8-2 before he appears (after turn 7) in BF8-1, he will not appear at all. Experimenting on BF24 with the American version, it seems to work, and Pamela actually disappears from the unit list in the menu, but you can still fight her.
Danger: None, or a lot, it depends on the way you play and your views. If you're trying to dodge Mizer encounters (who isn't?) then it can be great. But it can be bad because you'll be missing out on pieces of equipment. Pamela cannot escape, but I can't foresee any problems with that.

Glitch: Teleporting Mystic Witch (GBA: Both Versions. PSP: Fixed?)
When: BF24, there maybe a similar issue in 23.
Description: Pamela can teleport. If you are able to see the final flag in BF24, when you reveal Pamela's extension, regardless of whether she is to appear or not, when you open the extension she will first appear directly to the right of the final flag, then, she will disappear, to reappear in the correct place if she is supposed to show up.
-Screenshot: --Japanese Version
Danger: None, just a graphics glitch.

Glitch: Invincible in BF36 (GBA: Both Versions. PSP: Fixed?)
When: BF36-2.
Description: If you equip an item with a Mov=Morale Restoration effect onto one of the non-Milanor-or-Elena characters you bring with you, if you try to move Milanor or Elena at Noon or Evening in BF36-2, after they finish explaining that you cannot do that, the character equipped with the item will heal as if they moved.
Danger: None. Helpful, in fact, as you would otherwise be forced to sacrifice a unit. Now you can just keep healing them. Well, if you gave Yggdra the Bloody Sword or something like that, it can cause you to end up with 1 Morale by the end of battle, but that would be your own stupid fault.

Glitch: War Chronicles Freeze (GBA: Both Versions. PSP: Fixed.)
When: War Chronicles section of Extra Contents.
Description: Select a scene to watch. Then cancel with B and start mashing A after you do. There is a precise timing, but it's hard to explain. When you do this, the game will only respond if you press R or B. Essentially frozen.
Danger: I can't see any. This is a pretty ridiculous glitch.

Glitch: Baldus' Preemptive Retreat (GBA: Japanese version only. PSP: Fixed.)
When: BF13-1
Description: If you warp in BF13-1 to the spot just above Baldus' Hunter,and kill him in the first turn, you can attack his entire group without reprise. He will retreat when you finish him. The square is removed in the English version.
-Picture:
--The spot: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/ChefM...a%20Union/1.png
Danger: None, quite helpful in fact, as you can get a significant amount of easy EXP for Roswell.

Glitch: Baldus' Return (GBA: Japanese version only. PSP: Fixed.)
When: BF13-3
Description: If you killed Baldus with the above glitch, and then reveal Aegina in 13-2, when the situation changesto 13-3, Baldus' troops will reappear. This glitch is not available in the American version, as Baldus' Preemptive Retreat is not exploitable.
Danger: None, I suppose, more EXP is good.

Glitch: BF15 Death Glitch (GBA: Japanese version only. PSP: Fixed?)
When: BF15, starts in part 1, becomes painful in part 2.
Description: In BF15-1, characters can die. In BF15-2, if you lose a character, you LOSE the battlefield. Since, to win part 2 of the battle, you need to place all four allotted units on the four flags to finish it, it is impossible to finish the map if a character is killed in part 1. However, it will not say so, nor will it end it in part 2 when you are missing a unit or units. In the American version, the requirements are merely that all your units be on the flags, not all the flags be covered.
Danger: Low. You'll have to restart the map, but it's nothing horrible, unless BF15-1 was utter hell for you.

Glitch: 1-MOV Make Doll (GBA: Japanese version only. PSP: Fixed.)
When: On card selection screen
Description: When selecting a card, if you have Make Doll, it will be the first one selected. It will also say that Make Doll will bump your total MOV from 0 to 1, even though Make Doll has 11 MOV. Selecting it still claims that your total move will change incorrectly, this time 11 to 1.
-Picture:
--HERE
Danger: None at all. It's just a silly glitch that does nothing but mislead you. It will also be fixed if you highlight a different card, and then move back.

Glitch: Stacking Glitch (GBA: Japanese version only. PSP: Fixed.)
When: Anytime there are two or more allied units on the map.
Description: If you press R (switch to next character) and A (move selected character) together quick enough with the cursor over any character, the character the cursor is currently over will be moved (without sacrificing any MOV) on top of the character R switches to. Meaning you can move all the way across the map in a single turn without using any MOV at all. When stacked, however, it will always be the top character that is united against, selected normally, etc.
-Screenshot:
--Floating (Also displays the Nietzsche Flying glitch)
Danger: Most likely none, except landing a unit into an unfriendly situation.

Glitch: OVER 9000!!! (GBA: English version only. PSP: Fixed.)
When: Following the four bonus glitch happening against a female unit.
Description: An odd glitch. When the four bonus glitch occurs against a female unit, three cards will have their power messed up; Revolution, Mind Change and Earthquake (note they are all on the same line, perhaps an indicator as to why it happens code-wise). At first their power levels will be glitched graphically, but then the first two will shoot up to 9999, while the latter will drop into the 800s.
-Screenshots:
--Revolution with glitched power - selection
--Revolution with glitched power - status
--Mind Change with glitched power - selection
--Mind Change with glitched power - status
--Earthquake with glitched power - selection
--Earthquake with glitched power - status
-Video: Notice the card power in the clash outcome and back on the map.
Danger: As far as we know, none. But I doubt many people want their games screwed up by two crappy cards and one great one having their power so greatly messed up.

Glitch: Royal March (Bronquia øµ±‹€˜œÃ¥ˆ∂n (GBA: English version only. PSP: Fixed.)
When: Sound section of Extra Contents, when being an idiot with the "Royal March (Bronquia Showdown) theme.
Description: Likely due to the songs rather long title, if you continue to select the song "Royal March (Bronquia Showdown)" it will gradually graphically glitch the entire screen. The glitch is accumulative, from the first time you select it, whether you immediately switch to a new song and then come back, a new screen, or even soft reset. When you select it thirty times, the game locks up entirely.
-Screenshot: About twenty clicks
-Video: Sadly without sound
Danger: None, as far as I know, but I haven't tried playing the game following the glitch.

Glitch: Nietzsche Grows Wings (GBA: Japanese version only. PSP: Fixed.)
When: BF31-2.
Description: Nietzsche is technically not the only one that can abuse this, considering the existence of the Mermaid Fin, but if a character with Move Type of Swim goes to the little region of water that Emilia and her Griffon Rider's appear from in BF31-2, when that area disappears in BF31-3, the character will remain there. On a terrain with a 90% defense bonus. Said unit cannot move, but with a little planning it can enter a battle.
-Screenshots:
--Floating (Also displays the Stacking Glitch)
--Engaged in a Clash
--Lost a Clash (Displays Terrain Bonus)
Danger: Very little, if any. Mostly planning problems, but no different than getting stuck in the desert on the other side of the map.

I will be editing this as/if more glitches are found.
ALSO. Guests are allowed to post in this forum, so if you are not inclined to register, you may still help us.

~~~
Писатель всегда будет в оппозиции к политике, пока сама политика будет в оппозиции к культуре.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
lilcases
post Jul 7 2006, 03:50 AM
Post #2

nice bs

Group: Flunkies
Member No.: 102

I have one.

When you start a mission the game will freeze frequently, the game keeps on doing this even if you turn the game on and off.

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dr Strum
post Jul 7 2006, 03:51 AM
Post #3

Is it replicable? Or does it happen randomly?
And what are the circumstances? As in, what battlefield, what are you playing on, etc?

~~~
Писатель всегда будет в оппозиции к политике, пока сама политика будет в оппозиции к культуре.
+Quote Post
lilcases
post Jul 7 2006, 03:54 AM
Post #4

nice bs

It happens randomly and the circumstances are you can't go on to the next level.

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dr Strum
post Jul 7 2006, 03:58 AM
Post #5

No, by circumstances, as I said, I mean, what are you playing it on, is it on any battlefiled in particular?

And an edit for the opening: screenshot of Data glitch

~~~
+Quote Post
ChefMKT
post Jul 7 2006, 04:01 AM
Post #6

whoosh

Group: Knights
Member No.: 73

On battlefield 13, Roswell can defeat Baldus's group without him countering. There's only one space Roswell can get to, which is the space next to the archer. From what I can remember, if you somehow deplete the Archer's morale to zero on the turn you attack, you can freely attack the rest of Baldus's units without him using his turn to attack back. Very strange, but it gives Roswell lots and lots of experience.

The glitch actually occurs after the fog rolls in. If you get spotted by Aegina, the situation will change. Strangely enough, Baldus's group SOMEHOW REAPPEARS.

~~~
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
lilcases
post Jul 7 2006, 04:03 AM
Post #7

nice bs

oh...it isn't really on any specific battlefield.

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dr Strum
post Jul 7 2006, 04:05 AM
Post #8

... What are you playing it on?

~~~
+Quote Post
lilcases
post Jul 7 2006, 04:06 AM
Post #9

nice bs

I'm playing it on my Gameboy Micro.

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Rhiannon
post Aug 12 2006, 10:46 PM
Post #10

I'm really moved by the chicken bone

Group: Gods
Member No.: 4

THE FENCER DOES NOT APPEAR TO SHOW UP IN THE THIGN THAT SHOWS WHEN YOU LEAVE IT ON THE WHATCHAMACALLIT SCREEN TOO LONG.

The same with Thief, but that's a different story... There's only one character with that class. Kobun. :(

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Yuka
post Aug 12 2006, 11:06 PM
Post #11

We'll soak this parched earth with our own blood.

Group: Magi
Member No.: 177

On BF27-3, the town will appear at noon until you choose your first card.

Just thought I'd add that to the list.

This post has been edited by Sauce XIV: Aug 12 2006, 11:06 PM

~~~
[20:15] Irysa: I hate myself
[20:15] Irysa: I made myself some curry
[20:15] Irysa: and then
[20:15] Irysa: I realised
[20:15] Irysa: I wasn't hungry
+Quote Post
Dr Strum
post Aug 13 2006, 12:13 AM
Post #12

That's not a glitch.
That's how the game works with time-effects.

~~~
+Quote Post
Yuka
post Aug 22 2006, 01:46 AM
Post #13

We'll soak this parched earth with our own blood.

Group: Magi
Member No.: 177

I'll be damned if this isn't a glitch.

In BF38, the Valkyries can use Gravity Chaos when they start their own union.

~~~
[20:15] Irysa: I hate myself
[20:15] Irysa: I made myself some curry
[20:15] Irysa: and then
[20:15] Irysa: I realised
[20:15] Irysa: I wasn't hungry
+Quote Post
Rhiannon
post Aug 22 2006, 02:03 AM
Post #14

I'm really moved by the chicken bone

Group: Gods
Member No.: 4

Well, um. It's not really a glitch. A lot of the enemies ignore Ace for the hell of it. Although sometimes they're able to because of their equipment... but mostly it's them cheating.

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dr Strum
post Aug 22 2006, 02:32 AM
Post #15

Yes, enemies ignore Ace.
They can't ignore the qualifications, however, such as Bloody Claw only being usable at night.

~~~
+Quote Post

6 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:22 PM