Reply to this topicStart new topic
> True Blood, Vampire sugar Sex Magic... and copious amounts of blood
Greifer
post Aug 12 2009, 01:07 AM
Post #1

Baby Chocobo Cuteness

Group: Arcs
Member No.: 105

If you haven't already, you should check this show out.

It's takes place in an alternate earth where vampires and other monsters attempt to co-exist alongside humankind, usually with disastrous results. Many, if not all the monsters think of humans as prey and often use them for their own gain. Vampires, on the other hand have taken a step to ensuring the peace between the conflicting races. They have 'districts' in which there is sheriff vampire who has control over all other vampires in the district. Despite this, many of the humans fear and despise the vamps and the rest of the monsters, and usually avoid contact if at all possible.

Sookie Stackhouse is an exception, for she has a vampire lover: Bill Compton. Bill is a reformed vampire who does his best to stop from feeding on the humans, in fact he protects Sookie and many others. This pair is just two of the population that make up Bon Temps, a fictional rural town located in the bayou of Louisiana. Lots of crazy shit happens in this town, due to the nature of its residents, some of whom happpen to be shapeshifters, maenads and a certain telepath.

The drama the town stirs up is in all honesty, quite amusing. Every week, something entirely unexpected happens, and I don't necessarily mean plot-wise. The first season was kind of slow, but it picks up in season two. Plot twists galore with monster sex, bloodshed and weird pie. This show is probably my favorite show right now.
It'll leave you wanting more after every episode.

The series itself is based loosely on the Southern Vampire Mystery Novels by Charlaine Harris. I actually read a few of these some years back, and now that the show is out, I'm trying to find all of the books released thus far.

~~~
I once saw Phoenix Wright cosplay at JACON...
I thought my eyes would shrivel up.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:00 PM